Large Junction Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I want to install a junction box that is capable of connecting three 32-amp mains cabled but everyone I have tried so far just doesn't have the capacity due to the thickness of the cables; the terminal connectors are too small.

Is there any recommendations for doing this?

Thanks
Graham

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys

I have a cable run directly from my CU to my garage attached to my home. I want to utilise this feed approx half way along and spur off it but this then gives me the feed, the existing continuation and then the new extension I want to add. Thus far I cannot seem to find a junction box that will connect all three; am I approaching this incorrectly?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
We still need to know what sort and size of cable you are talking about. If it's 'twin and earth' cable, then there are plenty of JBs around that can cope with any size you may have. If it were 2.5mm² T+E, then any standard "30A" (or 32A) JB ought to be able to connect three.

Kind Regards, Johnind Regards, John

Hi there

Yes it is twin and earth. I can send a photo of easier. Can you send an example link of a JB that would do the job.

Thanks

Where will this JB be located? Inside or outside.

We need to know the spec of the cable (it could be 2.5mm² or 4mm² or 6mm² or even more).

Photo would help.

Connecting three 2.5mm2 cables to a 30/32 amp junction box should be easy, but a photo would confirm exactly what you have and why this is proving difficult.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back