Laser pole/tripod

S

SammyInnit

I've just bought (another) laser level. It's a 3x360 beam so ideally it's best placed in the centre of a room or work area. Ideally a pole would be suited as I often find myself using the horizontal beam at heights upward of 2700mm. However this can be anything up to 6000mm so I'm struggling to find a pole that could span that height.

Anyone have an recommendations?

Sponsored Links
What is a 3x360 beam?
Ceiling guys usually mount the rotating laser at high level. Close to the level they are working at in other words.

What is a 3x360 beam?
Ceiling guys usually mount the rotating laser at high level. Close to the level they are working at in other words.

Presume there are no walls to mount to. I use them for first fixing mechanical services so partitioning wont be there at this point. The laser I've had is the attached photo. DeWalt DCE089D1G

Attachments

• dewalt-dce089d1g-green-cross-line-lasers-ptuk-1116.jpg
    dewalt-dce089d1g-green-cross-line-lasers-ptuk-1116.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links
I've just bought (another) laser level. It's a 3x360 beam so ideally it's best placed in the centre of a room or work area.
Errr, why? In the days when I had a rotating laser I used to set it up in the middle of the longest wall which had no obstructions (such as pillars, etc). Used to work for me and still does with my Bosch GLL3-80P.

Ideally a pole would be suited as I often find myself using the horizontal beam at heights upward of 2700mm. However this can be anything up to 6000mm so I'm struggling to find a pole that could span that height.

Anyone have an recommendations?
Yes. Stop trying to over think it and tack a piece of metsec or metal lath onto the wall and use the laser's magnetic clamp to hold onto that. It's what the metal lath guys do an is how most of the rest of the trades work. Tripods and telescopic poles are often useless in industrial buildings, stairwells, etc so alternatives are often required. If need be you can deal with really long room by doing one end, marking a datum line on the wall and moving the laser further down the room. I did this on a 200 ft long restaurant dining room a while back (suspended p/b ceiling on metal lath), it too 3 laser positions (zig-zagged from side to side) and was out by under 3mm end to end when checked with a surveyor's level later on, so good enough to pass muster (and out less than the plasterer's IMHO)

I'm intrigued as to why you need a 6m pole?

Have you heard of datums?

If you look carefully you can just see Woody in one of the windows setting out his datum line...... Of coarse it flew. Just not very far.....

I used it to fly up to where the OP wants his laser line, and put my hand out of the window with a pencil. (y)

Sometimes the old ways are the best. Chocks away. (Or sea equivalent)

Well I can see it floats but I will need a bit more proof if I am to believe
that could fly.

Well I can see it floats but I will need a bit more proof if I am to believe
that could fly.
In that case Google "Caproni Ca.60". It really did fly, although it also really did crash on its' second flight........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back