Dewalt Laser Level - stand

Sponsored Links
Setting a laser level at the height you want isn't necessary and not always practicable.
That's why all rotary levels have telescopic staffs.
And for a line laser a measuring stick is just as useful. And many line lasers have receivers.

You can set a builders line at a certain level and just use a dip stick.
Which we do frequently.

Line laser receivers are a bit OTT for a home woodworker, wouldn't you say? Even most chippies won't ever need one

Sponsored Links
Sorry guys, losing track of my question.
As I said, I don’t own a tripod and want to know whether it’s worthwhile purchasing a floor to ceiling pole and if yes, please provide recommendations. On this occasion, I’m attempting a curtain rail fitting.

Thanks again

Get yourself a Bosch BM-1 or the Stanley equivalent (FMHT-1, available on Amazon) and live with the fact that you will have a small hole to fill

Get yourself a Bosch BM-1 or the Stanley equivalent (FMHT-1, available on Amazon) and live with the fact that you will have a small hole to fill
What does that give me beyond what I get in the dewalt laser kit? I already have a device that I can screw to the wall. But that requires you to be very precise (as well as filling a hole each time). I would have thought that you need to be able to move the laser up and down until it’s at the right height and hence screwing to a single point won’t be practical?

Yes, I can now see that there is some adjustment in BM-1. But why not go for the pole, especially at that price? That provides full movement and no holes to fill?

Does the pole have a micro adjust facility? Both the BM-1 and the Stanley do. Most poles just havr a crude slide up and down mechanism which can be awkward to adjust to within a few millimetres of the desired height. That isn't the main reason I dislike lasers poles - I just find them cumbersome and they don't have the height range I need

The metal slide part of the bracket that came in my Dewalt kit is 215mm long which gives a 110mm range of vertical adjustment .
The height adjustment on the pole mount may be described as crude but I have not found any issue with setting it accurately once I worked out the best technique and would not be without it .

Does your dewalt laser have magnets on the swivel bracket? Mine does, and I have always used it in conjunction with a cheap extendable plasterboard prop - £20ish from Screwfix. You can then mount/slide the laser wherever you want along the pole, very simple

Does your dewalt laser have magnets on the swivel bracket? Mine does, and I have always used it in conjunction with a cheap extendable plasterboard prop - £20ish from Screwfix. You can then mount/slide the laser wherever you want along the pole, very simple
That was one of the methods I had tried but because the contact area between the magnets and small contact area with the pb pole felt it was not a reliable. method of holding an expesive piece of equipment to recommend when the proper thing can be had for 46 quid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back