Lawrence: How much more money?

So you support bent coppers?

Alumni, I'd just like you to bear in mind that most of these policemen have probably retired by now, so another investigation is probably pointless. As pointed out anti racism rules have been introduced since the Lawrence case, so the only purpose this other investigation will serve is to castigate people who've already retired , or even passed on. In other words, it's a waste of public money and time.
It will serve about as much purpose as Tony Bliar apologising for the slave trade, 200yrs after it was abolished.

Sponsored Links
So you support bent coppers?

Alumni, I'd just like you to bear in mind that most of these policemen have probably retired by now, so another investigation is probably pointless. As pointed out anti racism rules have been introduced since the Lawrence case, so the only purpose this other investigation will serve is to castigate people who've already retired , or even passed on. In other words, it's a waste of public money and time.
It will serve about as much purpose as Tony Bliar apologising for the slave trade, 200yrs after it was abolished.
And you're sure the system/still serving officers are not in collusion/covering up?

I fully agree that throwing money at lost causes is normally pointless but when has it ever been right to ignore possible corruption that may well go up to the higher echelons of an organisation?

And no, i'm not looking at this vis a vis racism.

Sponsored Links
what, you don't?

you mean it was not permitted but it happened anyway?

JohnD , you know perfectly well that racism used to be rife in this country (in all walks of life and professions too)
No matter what laws are introduced, you can't stifle free thought (and that isn't a racist comment either) Those deluded fools who bleat on and on, and on, and on (ad infinitum) about racism, forget one fact. We are individuals. We don't have to like another individual. Far too many people are afraid to dislike another person for fear of being accused of racism. Others are afraid to prosecute law breakers, for exactly the same reason.
Do you ever hear anyone say "Is it because I is White?" Nahh, certain people play the race card, simply because they see it as a get out clause.
I have many Asian Indian friends and even they hold prejudices against other Asians. Even these people abhor the way racism laws have been drafted. They admit that this one law is a single edged sword and certainly does not favour indigenous Brits.
If they can see this, why can't others?

Do you ever hear anyone say "Is it because I is White?"
Yes, we very frequently hear that sentiment expressed (not always in the same words) for example, multiple times on this thread.

Sponsored Links
Back