Lawrence: How much more money?

maddie is a celebrity case. Most children that disappear get little in the way of investigation.

I don't see what formula 1 has to do with a criminal investigation. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
To be fair, Joe isn't bothered who killed Stephen Lawrence. These people are behind bars now. What Joe is on about is how much more money is going to be wasted on this one murder (now solved) This new enquiry is going to cost hundreds of thousands of ££'s. Money which could be better spent fighting crime now.
Joe has pointed out in his opening post, about how much money has already been spent on a case almost 20 yrs old, and now about to have more money spent on it. He points out, that had this been a white kid murdered by a couple of black people, the case would now be forgotten. He's absolutely right on this one point.
Time to let sleeping dogs lie.
If i read it correctly, the new enquiry isn't about who did the killing, it's about problems within the Met - and the likely criminal acts committed.

Or are you happy for that to be swept under the carpet?

Sponsored Links
If i read it correctly, the new enquiry isn't about who did the killing, it's about problems within the Met - and the likely criminal acts committed.

Or are you happy for that to be swept under the carpet?

Ahh, but the point Joe makes is about the amount of money, this one case has already cost us the taxpayers of this country. There must be barristers who've been able to retire on the money they have made out of just this one case.
OK the "problems" within the Met, are not uncommon in other professions (are they?)
How many other professions feel the need to investigate almost everything their employees say and think? Whatever happened to free thought? (or aren't we allowed to have our own thoughts?)
Seems to me , you've bought into the whole race thing so completely, your blinded by the facts that whoever we are, we are individuals. We have our own prejudices, the same way we have our own likes.
Would you like a state where we all have to think the same thoughts, have the same likes in everything? Would you like a state where we all have to wear the same clothes? Drive the same cars? Eat the same meals?
Nahh ,,,,,, didn't think so.

i brought up F1 to try and show vast amounts of money are spent on things much bigger than the lawrence trial.... what do people want? exciting motor racing or properly sorted crimes?

Ahh, but the point Joe makes is about the amount of money, this one case has already cost us the taxpayers of this country. There must be barristers who've been able to retire on the money they have made out of just this one case.
OK the "problems" within the Met, are not uncommon in other professions (are they?)
How many other professions feel the need to investigate almost everything their employees say and think? Whatever happened to free thought? (or aren't we allowed to have our own thoughts?)
Seems to me , you've bought into the whole race thing so completely, your blinded by the facts that whoever we are, we are individuals. We have our own prejudices, the same way we have our own likes.
Would you like a state where we all have to think the same thoughts, have the same likes in everything? Would you like a state where we all have to wear the same clothes? Drive the same cars? Eat the same meals?
I think i can safely say i have not bought into the 'whole race thing'.
Nor have i hidden the fact i don't trust the Police and CPS at all.

I believe this case, and i use the term loosely, has dragged on - whilst sucking up millions in costs - due to the problems within the Met. In essence, serious crimes have been covered up by those in the Met. This must be resolved.

I think i can safely say i have not bought into the 'whole race thing'.
Nor have i hidden the fact i don't trust the Police and CPS at all.

I believe this case, and i use the term loosely, has dragged on - whilst sucking up millions in costs - due to the problems within the Met. In essence, serious crimes have been covered up by those in the Met. This must be resolved.

at least talk some sense man !!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I believe this case, and i use the term loosely, has dragged on - whilst sucking up millions in costs

Well at least we agree on something.
Thing is, will spending thousands more, actually do anything to change attitudes people had 20 yrs ago? That's what we're really talking about, peoples attitudes 20 yrs ago.
Joe has pointed out that had this been Black on White crime, it would have been forgotten.

I know, lets spend thousands of millions investigating the Jack the Ripper case. Surely the police at that time must have been guilty of something?
See how stupid it could become?

I believe this case, and i use the term loosely, has dragged on - whilst sucking up millions in costs

Well at least we agree on something.
Thing is, will spending thousands more, actually do anything to change attitudes people had 20 yrs ago? That's what we're really talking about, peoples attitudes 20 yrs ago.
Joe has pointed out that had this been Black on White crime, it would have been forgotten.

I know, lets spend thousands of millions investigating the Jack the Ripper case. Surely the police at that time must have been guilty of something?
See how stupid it could become?
But that isn't the purpose behind the new investigation is it?

It's the serious subject of crimes committed by the Police, albeit whilst investigating the Lawrence case.

Alumni,,, surely it's an investigation into the attitude of the Met, investigating a crime in which some "black kid" died ( a poor attitude I know) But I don't see them investigating any cases where some "white kid" died (another poor attitude, but some policemen, must have this attitude towards all murders?) Surely at least some police officers, after years of investigating murders, harden themselves? And therefore treat victims with some sort of indifference? (otherwise 3/4 of them would be off with stress related conditions?)

Alumni,,, surely it's an investigation into the attitude of the Met, investigating a crime in which some "black kid" died ( a poor attitude I know) But I don't see them investigating any cases where some "white kid" died (another poor attitude, but some policemen, must have this attitude towards all murders?) Surely at least some police officers, after years of investigating murders, harden themselves? And therefore treat victims with some sort of indifference? (otherwise 3/4 of them would be off with stress related conditions?)
I agree with what you say re attitudes but as i say, my understanding is the new investigation is in regard to the probable criminal activities within the investigation by certain officers. In basic terms, bent coppers. Surely this must be rooted out.

Sponsored Links
Back