Lay real floorboards on existing concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to lay real tongue and groove floorboards onto a solid concrete floor in a modern house.

Unfortunately the ceilings are already low so i didn't really want to fix "joists" to the floor. I wanted to fix directly to the concrete. I also didn't want to use laminate flooring - I just prefer real wood.

Any advice please. Also how would I stop the floor from warping?

Sponsored Links
Is your contrete floor is level why not install the wooden floor 'floating': install DPM and sound-insulation (total thickness between 3 - 4 mm, now also availalbe as a 2-in1 product) and glue T&G of boards. Simplest and cheapest solution.

How do you install a traditional T & G floor floating? :confused: T & G floors have to be cramped up on the joists using a pair (or more) of flooring clamps like these, then nailed through the groove into the joist. Without joists or bearers I can't see how it can be done.

Scrit

Sponsored Links
You're right when floorboards have to go directly onto joist, but Valentino has a concrete underfloor, so no need for joist or battens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back