Lead pipe leak

Sponsored Links
If the leak is small enough a hammer will work no problem. If it turns into a big leak you will need 2 hammers :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It wouldn't even show up in a picture!! It's not even a trickle! I only found it by using a torch and when I wiped my finger over it u can c a tiny bit of water comes out! It's doesn't drip. It's just a very very small hole. I would say literally the size of a pin prick!!

It's not a leak it's a sweat!
Since you don't have the tools: turn off the water and drain the pipe. Scrape around the sweat with a knife to get clean lead. Flux then heat with blowlamp and apply some solder (leaded is easier). Wipe and dab gently with a folded up piece of cardboard. Leave slightly proud. Replace lead pipe in near future if you remember :)

It's not a leak it's a sweat!
Since you don't have the tools: turn off the water and drain the pipe. Scrape around the sweat with a knife to get clean lead. Flux then heat with blowlamp and apply some solder (leaded is easier). Wipe and dab gently with a folded up piece of cardboard. Leave slightly proud. Replace lead pipe in near future if you remember :)

eeeeh you can't use leaded solder on water
rofl5.gif
;)

Get a time-served qualified Plumber in to wipe solder the fecking thing..............It makes me laff when someone saying you can't wipe a solder joint on lead pipe - it's lead FFS!!!

An old trick was; hammer a match into the hole & hammer the lead over the match.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back