Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My ferroli Optimax HE plus 38c won’t stop leaking. Pressure is fine but it’s filling up a carrier bag of water a night. Any advice would be great thanks.

1850A2BC-00CD-484C-9C0F-DDA0C5551B33.jpeg

21E15082-FD42-41AF-A6DD-239C996CB766.jpeg

2MVXWFh

LRTzjwM

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The combined inlet valve / filling loop is leaking. You probably need to replace it ,but not cheap !! It's specific to your boiler. You could try turning the black wheel /knob fully anti clockwise ,and then fully clockwise to see if it closes fully without leaking.

I have a terrace 3 bed house 1 bathroom 10 radiators.
The flow rate I measured about 11.4seconds to fill 1ltr jug with my Ferroli Optimax HE Plus 38C.

would you replace it with a

greenstar 30i for £1230 + £150 for the part which gives you a 10 year warranty

or

glo worm ultimate 3 30 KW which comes with a 10 year warranty and about £900?

Or repair?

thank you.

Last edited:
Why are you considering a new boiler ?
Are there other issues with it ,besides the leaking valve ? If not ,get it repaired.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Good shout from ianmcd but O.P. do double check that the leak is indeed from the valve itself and and not trickling down from somewhere above.

You have turned both black knobs fully clockwise??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back