LED bulb replacement for halogen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Has anyone tried these LED bulbs? I have a GU10 halogen downlighter in my porch, but never leave it on for long periods (i.e. overnight) due to the potential fire risk of these bulbs. I've been considering changing for LED, but not sure it it will give sufficient light.
Any advices/recommendations gratefully accepted!

Sponsored Links
Fluorescent versions of the GU10 give a nice even light. And they run cooler, since they are fluorescent.

Is there some reason the light needed to be on overnight? LED usually last up about 50,000 hours, 25 times more than halogens. some are specially good to be on 24 hours since it is low temperature operation., maybe u should check with the sales at the shops or the suppliers u get from. for porch maybe 3 watt bulb led gu10 to 5 watt is enough

heeelllooo bruceleed and welcome :D :D

suspect he is on his third set off spots by now lol
it was 4 years ago ;)

big-all - it's clear from his posts that he is barely literate and he doesn't know that there are parts of the world which are not in the USA, so he probably has never seen a calendar and wouldn't know what one was if he did.

Dates, English words, country names etc that he sees here might as well be extracts from a starship manual badly translated into ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics for all the sense they make to him.

Sponsored Links
Who's nicked Brucelled's post? you can't trust anybody, these days.

BAS. Your thumb score is now neutral again.
Some t*55er did you a neg again :rolleyes:

There does seem to be a proliferation of "Single" posters (only the one post), on here who have a very poor command of the English language.
Months ago they all seemed to be from China. They're learning fast though as most of them seem to register as though they live in the USA or Australia.
They ain't fooling me. ;) ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back