LED Light Adapter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help me, I have tv cabinet led lights and they are no longer working. I believe it is this adapter has failed but can’t find a replacement anywhere. Des anybody have any ideas the name of it. Or where I can get a replacement from?

Attachments

• IMG_465.jpg
    IMG_465.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_563.jpg
    IMG_563.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 90
  • img_4356.jpg
    img_4356.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 85
Sponsored Links
That item, makes use of the DC power injected by the TV into antenna socket and intended to power an antenna amplifier. Probably it will be nothing more than a diode and a capacitor to split the supperimposed DC from the signal. Where you would get a replacement - I have no idea, but what makes you think it is that part which has failed. Have you tried a test meter on the red plugs, with it plugged in and the TV on - set for DC?

The item pictured is an inline switch.

The power supply or whatever will be located elsewhere - at the end of the round barrel plug that goes into that switch assembly.

switch.jpg

Sponsored Links
The item pictured is an inline switch.

The power supply or whatever will be located elsewhere - at the end of the round barrel plug that goes into that switch assembly.

You got me thinking....

If it was intended to be powered by the TV, then there would need to be a male and a female belling-lee, but there only seems to be the male plug.

Most modern TV's include an option to superimpose DC for an amp, out of the terrestrial antenna port, so powering an LED by that means is a possibility. The necessary components could be easily mounted in that switch, so no additional PSU needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back