Led Light Alert - Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Is it possible to have the alarm power up an led light as well as the sounder?

I hve an Optima G4.

Cheers,

Matt

Sponsored Links
Please explain more on sounder ?
Internal sound or external ?
Power led shows control panel has mains power

Yeah - the internal sounder for the accenta g4 - I would like both the sounder to come on as well as a light (or several lights). Mains power is on as well

When you say "LED light" do you mean something like a 230v floodlight, or just a simple LED? Both are possible but require different means of connection.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean you want security lights/outside lights to come on when the alarm is activated ?
Yes that can be done but not a diy job as you will be connecting relays from alarm control panel to switch 230v
Speak to an electrician about the connection .

What if I was to use 12volt internal LEDs?

Could I just power the led controller from the internal sounder connection?

Most LEDs are actually 240v that's then converted down to 12v via a regulated power supply, but you wouldn't be able to run 12v leds straight from the panel.

Sparkys right, a strobe is normally 12 v (same as the alarm panel) and won't draw much power, but I suspect you want to put the lights on when the alarm goes off, so please explain what you really are trying to do, even though I suspect you can't do it reasonably.

Essentially I have internal cctv and it doesn't have night view so..:what I was thinking was a light would come on in 3 rooms where the cctv is watching ;)

I think by the time the alarm has gone off, the intruders will have scarpered, but at least you might have a picture of them. The easisest thing would be to upgrade the cameras, but you might be better off looking for an infra red light to come on rather an LED.

The outputs on the panel will handle a maximum of 200 milli amps, and that isn't enough to power the lights. It can energise a relay, but you would then need a seperate circuit just for the three rooms. Not sure if you coul fit a smart home system that could be initiated by the panel, but I'll admit that this one is beyond me.

Well done Matt, but now you need to wire it into the lighting circuit. Do you have a central location for it, or will you need one per room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back