LED Stair lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im havin LED stairlights fitted. Whats the best way to control them? i.e sensors, switches?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers for that! Im not an electrician, wasnt sure if sensors would make them come on correctly as theres a curve at the top of the stairs. Think Ive found a kit that enables them to come on and go off one by one.

So he can see the stairs when it's dark?

Possibly, it's just that I would have thought for most reasons you'd want them switchable on or off permanently, rather than flickering on and off as people move about.

You could fit an infra red break beam and an on delay timer to each step to control the individual led of that step, then as you walk down stairs it'll be like the start of a TV programme :D

It was on U tube, I just typed in led stair lights where a guys walking up/down the stairs and they're coming on/off etc. Yes Ban all sheds I see your point, maybe good for a basement but maybe a bit too gimmicky for a normal staircase in a 3 bed.

If I go for switch, would best idea be to have a two way in hall to control hall light and stair lights? I've seen them in another house and it was a very nice touch.

RF lighting - lol. I see your point now!

It was on U tube, I just typed in led stair lights where a guys walking up/down the stairs and they're coming on/off etc. Yes Ban all sheds I see your point, maybe good for a basement but maybe a bit too gimmicky for a normal staircase in a 3 bed.
It would drive you mad.

If I go for switch, would best idea be to have a two way in hall to control hall light and stair lights? I've seen them in another house and it was a very nice touch.
Yup. Switch them on, or off, as you require.

Cheers, yes that makes sense. Will save alot of the budget too!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back