letter from Boris Johnson to Donald Tusk

Sponsored Links
You remain loonies

Silly dum.

The backstop only comes into effect if there is no other solution in place.

Buffoon claims there is a solution.

If he actually believed that, he wouldn't mind the backstop because it would never happen.

Silly dum.

The backstop only comes into effect if there is no other solution in place.

Buffoon claims there is a solution.

If he actually believed that, he wouldn't mind the backstop because it would never happen.

And who decides if a proposed solution is viable?

The EU.

That totally one sided and unfair. The EU can quite simply lock the UK into the backstop indefinitely and use it as an ongoing lever for all future negotiations of any type.

Amazing how quickly the EU chooses to ignore who fought terrorism related to NI for all those years, who actually created the Good Friday agreement, and who has the biggest vested interest in continued peace in NI.

The EU used this strategy with May. They claim they don't know what we want and that we don't offer any practical solutions. However, in this case Boris has made it very clear to them what we want and that we want to start a dialogue on possible solutions. Rather than offer publicly to our proposed solutions they refuse to discuss it.

I voted remain in the referendum. But the EU's bullying behaviour is exactly why i would now be happy walking away with no deal.

And who decides if a proposed solution is viable?

Since Buffoon has not actually proposed one, the question has not arisen. Do you think he ever will?

No doubt the parties who are most directly affected would have to agree. This is the Republic of Ireland, and the people of Northern Ireland.

Once that is done, you could reasonably expect the EU to support their member, and the UK to support their member.

However since the Brextremists have shown themselves unable to agree on anything, that expectation might be optimistic.

Sponsored Links
back to their old way of negotiating then.

Its not true.

To have the advantage of an open border without checks requires regulations to be harmonised.

Brexiteers want to leave and dont want to abide by the EU regulations.
Clearly if the UK want new trade deals, like the USA, then regulations will diverge.

Then, the EU cant have a leaky border, because its single market of common standards would get spolit.

Brexiteers dont want the advantage of a huge market, on their doorstep, with no checks or paperwork.

So effectively they are complaining the EU wont give them something they have already told the EU they refuse to have.

With that understanding, is it not unfair to blame the EU?

There isn't one.
Rubbish. We’ve proposed options that use technology to avoid a border. The EU refused to consider it because there isn’t another example of technology being used in the same way elsewhere in the world.

Then what do the EU suggest internally as a proposed solution in the case of no deal? The same technological solution that they wouldn’t consider when we proposed it.

Rubbish. We’ve proposed options that use technology to avoid a border. The EU refused to consider it because there isn’t another example of technology being used in the same way elsewhere in the world.

Then what do the EU suggest internally as a proposed solution in the case of no deal? The same technological solution that they wouldn’t consider when we proposed it.
Post a link explaining this solution please. None of the Brexiteers seem to be aware of it.

And 'trusted trader' schemes, presumably working in parallel with a 'digital' border. You're right Lower, I'm not overly hopeful of a breakthrough this week, I suspect it will be late October.

Incorrect. Brexit pro papers like the DM, jumped on this remark by Barnier:

We would be obliged to carry out controls on goods arriving in the Republic of Ireland. My team have worked hard to study how controls can be made paperless or decentralised, which will be useful in all circumstances

They havent found a solution, they have studied it.

And 'trusted trader' schemes, presumably working in parallel with a 'digital' border. You're right Lower, I'm not overly hopeful of a breakthrough this week, I suspect it will be late October.

Do more research old bean :ROFLMAO:
You are wrong.

If a solution existed, even Rees Mogg mightve stumbled on it now.

, I'm not overly hopeful of a breakthrough this week, I suspect it will be late October
Deluded.

The chance of any form of Brexit is no higher than a vote of no confidence getting through.

A BRINO might get through......:ROFLMAO:

Incorrect. Brexit pro papers like the DM, jumped on this remark by Barnier:

We would be obliged to carry out controls on goods arriving in the Republic of Ireland. My team have worked hard to study how controls can be made paperless or decentralised, which will be useful in all circumstances

They havent found a solution, they have studied it.

'Pre clearance' has been around many years. With the correct arrangements in place, goods can be cleared through customs and duties (if applicable) paid before they leave the factory, it's not hard.

'Pre clearance' has been around many years. With the correct arrangements in place, goods can be cleared through customs and duties (if applicable) paid before they leave the factory, it's not hard.

It is hard, its impossible.

Please answer this: If you are so confident there is solution, please say you are happy for the backstop to remain in place.

Your point does not answer the issue of regulatory divergence.

Simple example: we get deal with US and accept beef flavoured with hormones, how can goods be customs cleared before they leave the factory?

Sponsored Links
Back