Level playing field, we want to fish in your waters ....Are they nuts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabotage simply refers to operating outside of the main journey, ie, under current rules, truck drivers can make additional stops to pick up return loads, or even do domestic deliveries on the return home.
I suggest you check your understanding of cabotage.
Cabotage is the transport of goods or passengers between two places in the same country by a transport operator from another country. It originally applied to shipping along coastal routes, port to port, but now applies to aviation, railways, and road transport as well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabotage
That may end if there is no agreement but it wont stop UK lorries operating in the eu, they may need a different licence for example but they will still operate.
You need to read and understand Notch7's comments and mine.
In the case of a No Deal, all current arrangement will end, and the UK will become a non-EU country.

Rubbish, see The 1968 Vienna convention.
Please refer me to the relevant parts, especially those concerning EU.

Sponsored Links
Last edited:
You need to read and understand Notch7's comments and mine.
In the case of a No Deal, all current arrangement will end, and the UK will become a non-EU country.

I put Notch7 on ignore after he insisted the EU has done 700 trade deals.

Current arrangements will end, yes, we will become a non eu country or 3rd country, yes, BUT there are international treaties, British drivers will not be stopped from driving in the eu as you claim.

This, is a complete and utter lie:

And in the case of No Deal, UK drivers will not be allowed to drive in EU, and no doubt, in yet another act of self-inflicted injury disguised as reciprocal action, EU drivers will not be allowed to drive in UK.
It beggars belief.

Sponsored Links
If the UK reciprocates, then yes, the landbridge might be affected.
Why do you think so much effort has gone into the alternative ferries, for the last couple of years?

That doesn't disprove your lie:

And in the case of No Deal, UK drivers will not be allowed to drive in EU, and no doubt, in yet another act of self-inflicted injury disguised as reciprocal action, EU drivers will not be allowed to drive in UK.
It beggars belief.

I put Notch7 on ignore after he insisted the EU has done 700 trade deals.

Current arrangements will end, yes, we will become a non eu country or 3rd country, yes, BUT there are international treaties, British drivers will not be stopped from driving in the eu as you claim.

This, is a complete and utter lie:

It beggars belief.
In the event of No Deal, and any other agreement will not be operable, under the 'nothing is agreed until everything is agreed' British HGV drivers will be stopped from operating in EU, unless they have the facilities to do so, i.e the EU premises, under which they will be deemed to operate within the EU rules.
But if they do not have such facilities, and they do not hold such licences, they will not be allowed to operate, unless the UK agrees to them working under EU regulations.

You can denounce it as many times as you like, but it is what it is.
The international treaties cover signage on vehicles, and drivers licences categories. They do not cover working conditions.

British drivers (non-HGV) will require IDPs. But HGV drivers will not be allowed to work.

I put Notch7 on ignore after he insisted the EU has done 700 trade deals

Liar: you put me on ignore because you lost every single brexit argument:

Liar: I did not say trade deals I said trade agreements

here is a breakdown for you, liar:

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.prod.s3.amazonaws.com%2F68fbd79c-452b-11e7-8519-9f94ee97d996

Suit yourself.
You've had enough proof, but you still deny it.

Let's see who's right in January, lets see if vehicles and lorries are still entering the EU, let's see if the channel tunnel is closed. I'll come back and remind you of these words:

It beggars belief.

Let's see who's right in January, lets see if vehicles and lorries are still entering the EU, let's see if the channel tunnel is closed. I'll come back and remind you of these words:

strawman argument

you forgot to mention "in event of NO DEAL"

and you forget to mention "in the absence of any agreement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back