Not open for further replies.

RO

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you enjoy DIY?

Have you had any DIY Disasters?

Could you use some help and advice?

ITV1 is making a programme about the falling levels of people who are doing their own home improvements. We are looking for volunteers who enjoy DIY to take part in the programme and those who may have had their own DIY Disasters.

We want to find out more about your DIY experiences and are offering some free help and advice to those keen to take part.

If you want to find out more please do so by calling 020 7316 6484 or 07801 523 013 or email at [email protected].

Sponsored Links
When are you people gonna make some proper tv shows instead of dumbed down trash? Instead of showing how useless people have become, why don't you make a series of programs covering different areas of diy so that you can improve their skills? Each program devoted to a different skill in resonable detail (painting, tiling, plumbing etc). Think Delia's "How to cook" but with a tile cutter instead of a tablespoon. I contacted the BBC and a production company used by ITV with the idea last year but was given the finger. Quite a shame really, cause I think it would have been pretty good if done well. Not like most of the churned out reality garbage we usually get. :rolleyes:

hear hear Gcol.
(addition to the idea, combine DIY-skills with proper, honest tradespeople and their skill:
A) most trades aren't comboys - and we have too many programs already on that item
B) trades are screaming for new people: educate proper = increase the number of youngesters interested in picking up a proper trade = win-win-win situations for all (even the viewers ;))

Sponsored Links
gangman said:
For a change, how about looking at bad clients rather than bad tradesmen
I'm sure they can make that into a special edition ;)

WoodYouLike said:
hear hear Gcol.
(addition to the idea, combine DIY-skills with proper, honest tradespeople and their skill
If I'd have got a response fom the BBC or ITV I was going to demand (in a diva way) that they only use diynot "experts". :D

Then no wonder you got the 'finger' ;) They must be reading the 'chat' only

Ill knock the roof off my house putting up a picture for 50k, should make good telly :LOL:

ok guys! anyone taking part in this make sure you get yourselves an equity contract. :D

RO said:
We want to find out more about your DIY experiences and are offering some free help and advice to those keen to take part.
ITV is a business, so if you want people to take part then just pay them a fair rate. :rolleyes:

To say nothing of viewing figures. Michael Grade will have to do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back