Lifting a small section of laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I need some advice about how to lift a small section of laminate behind bathroom basin pedestal. Guys who fitted it before we moved in left a small gap in the laminate behind the pedestal, and by a complete fluke a ring with great sentimental value fell down there and is somewhere under the floor and amongst the pipes. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Nigh on impossible I'm afraid, due to the locking together technique of laminates.....unless there's a decent gap between the floor and skirting.
Is it possible to remove the basin pedestal, and then jigsaw a section out behind it, that won't be seen?
Another barmy method is to use a vacuum cleaner to maybe retrieve the ring (if your luck is really in).......for awkward stuff, I use an old washing machine drain hose, that miraculously connects to my Henry vac hose - its about 30mm dia.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back