Lifting Sheet floor board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've got to get underneath my floorboards to the joists. Problem is they are not conventional plank style floor boards , but those massive sheets. The sheets are nailed down as well. As anybody got any tips on the best way to get these up? (Apart from tediously taking out the nails and using a curcular hand saw to cut down to the top of joist )

Sponsored Links
cut as near to the center off the joist avoiding the nails off course and screw timbers on any unsupported cut edges

Ok, thanks , that's what I've done in the past. It's messy. Often nail heads aren't perfectly aligned in a straight row.
Do you use a circular electric saw? If you do -you risk hitting a nail head , if you don't destroy half of the floor board getting them out in the first place . Nightmare. Just thought someone might have a genius way of getting the boards up. I guess not..

I use a multi saw, metal cutting blade then nails present no problem, of course it may be glued down as well , then you have problems.
If you only need access to small areas you can use a hole saw and drop the cutout section back in with a timber underneath for support.

Sponsored Links
you can buy a sheet or three off chipboard [600x1200mm ] i think it is remove any txg on the edge off the new bit
place the new section over the old section draw a pencil line round
use a plug cutter over the nail heads to release the board and clean up with board removed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back