Light fitting quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We hear a lot of sub standard light fittings but i am pleased with the general quality of this one, it's class I but they really did a nice job protecting the flex and terminations and earthing everything.
1549913491187174340907697234215.jpg
Let's call it everyone's positive thought for the day:D

Sponsored Links
Would you care to reveal the make and model, so we can all go and buy one?

PS Decaf Yorkshire Tea? Whats the point of that?

Sponsored Links
Ps decaf is good for evening if you don't want to overdo the caffeine
Dull fact which some may not know: decaf tea and coffee still have caffeine in them, just lower amounts. Not ideal to drink before bed!

Tea and coffee with zero caffeine is usually called 'caffeine free' (never tried it but I imagine it's disgusting) :)

Dull fact which some may not know: decaf tea and coffee still have caffeine in them, just lower amounts. Not ideal to drink before bed!
Probably not enough to be of any great consequence, even 'before bed'.

What has always rather intrigued me is that very many people would not drink tea of coffee soon before going to bed but would be more than happy to drink 'hot chocolate' at that time, despite the fact that chocolate contains a substance which is pharmacologically very similar to caffeine.

Kind Regards, John

Back to light, clearly not British or it would have a 4 terminal connector, and not much room to fit a 4 uf 400 volt capacitor as well if using electronic switches.

As to caffeine and alcohol it seems a small amount does reverse to large amount, so one weak cup of coffee before bed is OK, but repeated strong cups not, as for tea you should not use milk as it stops the good bits of tea working, and I have looked in Yorkshire for the tea plantations in vain, it is clearly not proper tea.

Decaf, no way..... too many nasty chemicals used to de caf the beans.

the caffeine is removed from the beans with the help of a chemical solvent, such as methylene chloride or ethyl acetate

We hear a lot of sub standard light fittings but i am pleased with the general quality of this one, it's class I but they really did a nice job protecting the flex and terminations and earthing everything.
View attachment 158811
Let's call it everyone's positive thought for the day:D

Looks average to me.

Looks like one of those things where if there is no slack in the cable emerging from the ceiling rose you have to extend them via a joint with connector blocks.

Positive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back