Light for understairs cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently had a carpenter make a cupboard in the void under my stairs but the space is a bit dark. A toilet occupies the space at highest point under stairs so the cupboard is between toilet and bottom of stairs so only about 1m an a bit long.

I think a mains powered will be too much as the nearest sockets will be from lounge next to toilet or other side of hallway.

So can anyone advise a battery powered light just for when picking out shoes etc possibly one that turns on when door opened but quite happy to just flick a switch, I have seen one on ebay with 10 x LED's and 3 x AA batteries just wondered if these are any good or if I have other options.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes there is a light in the toilet and a light switch on the outside near to door.

Sponsored Links
If you have live, neutral and earth available at the toilet (light or switch), you could feed a supply from there.
And installing a miniature switch with push to break function, would operate the light when the door is opened.
Maplins do do a DC magnetic contact draw/closet light. Not sure of it's quality though!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back