Lighting suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, we have just knocked through into an extension on the back of our 3 bed semi, with the intention of turning it into our kitchen.

We are converting the flat ceiling into a vaulted one (without roof lights), and I am not sure what sort of lighting would work.

Not a fan of spotlights. Does anyone have any suggestions about lights that work well in vaulted ceilings? The room is about 2.5m deep, and 4m wide. The vault runs across the 2.5m depth.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you need a combination - spots, pendants, uplights etc. You need to light the vaulted ceiling as well as the working areas:

The fluorescent tube is still one of the best ways of lighting a kitchen, with modern HF ballasts they are nearly as efficient as LED and far cheaper to maintain, there is also a GX53 which can take LED still round spot lights, but larger diameter and can be surface mounted, and you can replace the LED module without changing whole lamp.

The fluorescent tube is still one of the best ways of lighting a kitchen, with modern HF ballasts they are nearly as efficient as LED and far cheaper to maintain, there is also a GX53 which can take LED still round spot lights, but larger diameter and can be surface mounted, and you can replace the LED module without changing whole lamp.
I agree with you completely.

The OP is "Not a fan of spotlights.", with which I also agree.
What more needs to be written?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back