lights from a fused switch (moved from Information)

3 amp is OK but will often fail if a lamp goes.

As would a 5 or 6A.

Not so often. I had a case of failing bulbs taking out the 3A fuse but not a 5A. I assumed the bulbs internal fuse was greater than 3A but less than 5A. Of cause one must not assume but that is what I found.
I found incandescent lamps (which are only available as rough service types now) always take out a 5A BS 1361 fuse (and indeed a 6A circuit breaker).

Sponsored Links
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING - avertising in Avatar not allowed. Delete it please or we'll bar the account very soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RF Lighting?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING - avertising in Avatar not allowed. Delete it please or we'll bar the account very soon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RF Lighting?

Don't think RF runs a company but I might be wrong.

My name is based on my old company name when I was S/E but I closed the book on it in 2005 and have since retired.

RF Lighting?

Yes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back