Lights in zone 1 of swimming pool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If lights fall within zone 1 of a swimming pool they must be SELV. But,
if they are IPx2 or IPx5 rated and covered by a 30mA RCD is this also acceptable?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
FFS. Do you have a copy of BS7671. If not, why are you installing equipment in a swimming pool?

Get yourself a copy and read it

In particular 702.410.3.4.1
It doesnt say "maybe"
There are no get out clauses . Here's an overview

Also 702.512.2 SPECIFIES external influences.
IPx2? Don't be stupid :rolleyes:

FFS. Do you have a copy of BS7671. If not, why are you installing equipment in a swimming pool?

Get yourself a copy and read it
Having not yet done my 17th :confused: I just wanted to ask a quick question.
I know under the 16th you could not have a mains volt fan in zone 1 but an SELV fan was ok. Under the 17th, can you have a mains volt fan in zone one if it is protected by an RCD?
Thanks
Shedi - you'll struggle to get your 2382 unless you do have a copy and can read....

BAS, i'm going from memory, I don't carry my regs with all the time, I have a life i suppose..... ;)
What do past posts have to do with it? And by the way, I'm not installing a thing in a swimming pool just simply a question.
Honestly, advice is what I want and what most people that come on here want, not a lecture of what i should and shouldn't do!

Sponsored Links
BAS, i'm going from memory, I don't carry my regs with all the time, I have a life i suppose..... ;)

Doing one's job properly doesn't have any bearing on one's personal life. There's a time for work and a time for play, and you need to have the right hat on when you're commissioning any kind of electrical installation where there will be people, water and electricity in close proximity. Not having your regs with you just doesn't wash.

[sorry for the pun!]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back