Limiting Power Draw from Underfloor heating system

Sponsored Links
Well it looks like I've got there but it seems one has to remember a fair bit while typing.
If you click the 3 dots to the right of the Picture icon you can see a button like </> - if you click this you get a popup panel that is monospaced already so you can more easily visually design your text art, and it will insert your efforts together with the tags

Note that I post from a phone; the desk top view may differ slightly? But I'd expect the button to be the same icon

IMG_2839.jpeg

The thing about the triangle method is it's a learning block, by that I mean it's a physical device (can also be mental) upon which formulae of virtually any form can easily be transposed, again my grandson struggled working through Π homework, ie areas/volumes of shapes, it;s ok learning A = Πr² and being able to find the area of a circle but if the algebra knowledge is not good how do they find the inner diameter of a ring when they are given the area and outer diameter?
That simple triangle method is all it takes.

Sponsored Links
If you click the 3 dots to the right of the Picture icon you can see a button like </> - if you click this you get a popup panel that is monospaced already so you can more easily visually design your text art, and it will insert your efforts together with the tags

Note that I post from a phone; the desk top view may differ slightly? But I'd expect the button to be the same icon

View attachment 300094

that was how I arrived at this:
1680719759873.png

1680720503957.png

How it appeared on screen
1680720952404.png

Whatever appears below here is the result after edit mentioned in the following post, initially it had additional {ICODE}
1680721446585-png.300102

after removing {ICODES}:
Code:
   A       A       A
 B X B   B X B   B X B

Last edited:
Robin. I'd like to get to the bottom of this, what I've just posted must be very confusing.

Code:
  O      A      O
S x H  C x H  T x A

Am I doing something Wrong?
It looks as if you are typing out the "code"s? - these are inserted automatically (when you use the </> option) - so don't have to be typed again.

Last edited:
Code:
  O      A      O
S x H  C x H  T x A

It looks as if you are typing out the "code"s? - these are inserted automatically (when you use the </> option) - so don't have to be typed again.
No, just clicked on the </> for this:
1680720503957-png.300100

Filled in just what shows then clicked the box at the bottom - ?continue?

Which put:
1680720952404-png.300101
on the screen and

changed to
1680719759873-png.300097
when I posted

Let try this again.
Straightforward typing:
Code:
   Third    attempt   3
   Third   attempt   3

1680734106136.png
Followed by 'Save'

I see:
1680734305761.png

I obviously entered different numbers of spaces but otherwise does what I want and so far better than </> until I workout what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:
Got messy, deleted
Somehow, your [CODE] was inserted into an [ICODE] - Inline Programming Code Display.

Screenshot_20230405-232819_Chrome.jpg

I'm afraid I don't know why this happened, it may be an option that I don't see on my phone.
I will have a look when next on PC.
One of consequent pains in this forum is that, since it doesn't have an 'indent' facility,
Apparently there is ;)
No indent
Indent​
Indent=2​
Here is a link to the relevant Forum codes

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back