Live 8

P

pna

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

If the Live 8 demonstation and concerts succeed in changing world leader's policies (and quite why TB would pay any attention as the election is over now - but suspending disbelief for a moment), what is the secondary impact going to be?

- increase in spending on police, sanitation, repair following Live 8 events?
- increased taxes to cover above and claw-back debt written off
- saved lives?
- increased populations?
- further debt for 3rd world countries who now have to improve sanitation, transport, medical facilities etc. as populations have increased?
- massive inflation as workers all get rich due to 'free' trade?
- increase in poverty?

Not sure all the problems can be resolved in 'moments' as Bob G appears to think they can (according to the papers).

There was criticism of the war on Iraq for not thinking through the consequences and being prepared. I wonder if the same thing will happen again?

Sponsored Links
And what make it worse is that up to now 800,000 Africian doctors & nurses are coming into the UK NHS or private hospital for better money so therefore many are dying because of no treatments being done over there but Blair & Brown keep quite about it.

Unfortunately a lot of what the 1st world could do to improve life for the 3rd world involves regime-change. And that never seems to work properly, Somalia is a prime example. And it was Somalis who suffered when things went wrong, punished by those who fought to be in charge.

Political stability seems an impossible dream in many areas, with violent and cruel warlords controlling the food supply, the medicine and the guns. Perhaps Bobby Geldoff KBE can nip into Somalia and see if he can sort that lot out? If he does, I will find the nearest sex-offenders prison, paint a target on my bare bottom and stand in the exercise ground with a big neon sign saying "Get it here". And you can hold me to that!

Afraid I've given up on this aid thing. The congo! I remmeber as a schoolkid in the sixties (sigh) doing projects, collecting etc. They were doing unspeakable things to each other then and no ammount of aid seems to help. as Adam says it just makes warlords richer. It does me head in when you read that african goverments demand TOLLS for each aid worker and a share of each donation which the west sends. They still blame us for everything. That seems to be their nature. I'll blame this attitude of mine on the Vikings who raped and pillaged us and and >>> :rolleyes:
Mind This g8 protest that geldorf is on about rings a bit hollow when you think of all the pop/ footie stars,celebs who are now multi millionaires taken from our kids pocket money. It's stopped rainin so goin back to work t/c

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
............ I will find the nearest sex-offenders prison, paint a target on my bare bottom and stand in the exercise ground with a big neon sign saying "Get it here". And you can hold me to that!
A r * e !! :D :D

Ricky Gervais
Got it right about Africa last night in his politics show ...
I watched the full DVD show..
"years ago ,60s free love lets give the black/africans their country back says the UK , by the 80s they are on the phone too Thatcher *said in a thick dumb accent *
"we cannot live ,no food , no water ....we need help UK !"

Thatch says
"Sorry you wanted your country back we gave you it Back..
hugely Rich an Bountiful ...........Goodbye"

dying darkie again ..
"Hello ,sorry we have lost all richy everything an we have lots an lots of starving babies ...."

Thatch says
"erm OK .......err...no........err..no .......err ...mmmmm oh no ...this goes on for ten mins , then , err..no .......err ...mmmmm no
err we have a US man Micheal Jackson who could maybe help ,????

dying darkie again ..
"Oh NO WE DONT NEED HIM HERE ...any other pop star ?"

Thatch says
"ermm we have one a leader of a pop group whisper* yeah send that idiot one hit wonder *Robert Galdolf ...of the Boomtown rats

dying darkie again ..
"thankyou Madame president "

as Ricky says

"them darkies are reaping what they sow , used condoms an aid riddled next generation ,stop screwing your brother /sister get in a field an work for christ sake "

charley-farley said:
Ricky Gervais
Got it right about Africa last night in his politics show ...
I watched the full DVD show..
"years ago ,60s free love lets give the black/africans their country back says the UK , by the 80s they are on the phone too Thatcher *said in a thick dumb accent *
"we cannot live ,no food , no water ....we need help UK !"

Thatch says
"Sorry you wanted your country back we gave you it Back..
hugely Rich an Bountiful ...........Goodbye"

dying darkie again ..
"Hello ,sorry we have lost all richy everything an we have lots an lots of starving babies ...."

Thatch says
"erm OK .......err...no........err..no .......err ...mmmmm oh no ...this goes on for ten mins , then , err..no .......err ...mmmmm no
err we have a US man Micheal Jackson who could maybe help ,????

dying darkie again ..
"Oh NO WE DONT NEED HIM HERE ...any other pop star ?"

Thatch says
"ermm we have one a leader of a pop group whisper* yeah send that idiot one hit wonder *Robert Galdolf ...of the Boomtown rats

dying darkie again ..
"thankyou Madame president "

as Ricky says

"them darkies are reaping what they sow , used condoms an aid riddled next generation ,stop screwing your brother /sister get in a field an work for christ sake "

Here we go again......................!! :rolleyes:

More verbal c**p from the King of drivel!!!!

pipme said:

Seriously! I am that convinced that no peaceful solution can be found to Somalia's plight that I am willing to offer my a**e to any nonce who wants it, if Bob Geldoff can find an indefinite, working solution to ensure peace, an end to hunger and the determination of the plight of all Somali civil war criminals by 31/12/2005.

Of course, I'm going to be well miffed if Christmas day brings world peace :LOL:

The only way to sort Somalia out is to neutralise all evil-doers with bombs and guns. Of course, to do that would make us little better than those we choose to eradicate, as innocents are always caught up in these tussles. Also, I doubt Bob KBE would be too keen to fly the Eire/UK/UN flag in the name of kicking ass. His heart is definitely in the right place, but I fear his reality center is located firmly in that space which realists dream of.

JulieL

OI ... CHEEKY Politically correct arse hole.......I hope your revering to the Ricky Gervais Tape I posted here ?

If its me , I agree we gave them in Africa the " GARDEN BOWL "

most of africa , as the SOIL ,is Sooooooooooo RICH ,throw seed down in 6 months you have wealth /food ,

In South Africa , the Jewel , these countries were nothing in his memoriores Rhodes said SOUTH AFRICA WAS A SUCCESS ..if that fell AFrica was surely ROTTEN ..

ON A REAL FOOT NOTE
Im better spoken an foot in door ..lol he better at toilets ,lol ..lo..lol

AdamW

WELL SAID .. MOST Before was just post ....quibble

Thanks for a good post THANKYOU ..., , CHEERS

charley-farley said:
JulieL

OI ... CHEEKY Politically correct a**e hole.......I hope your revering to the Ricky Gervais Tape I posted here ?

If its me , I agree we gave them in Africa the " GARDEN BOWL "

most of africa , as the SOIL ,is Sooooooooooo RICH ,throw seed down in 6 months you have wealth /food ,

In South Africa , the Jewel , these countries were nothing in his memoriores Rhodes said SOUTH AFRICA WAS A SUCCESS ..if that fell AFrica was surely ROTTEN ..

ON A REAL FOOT NOTE
Im better spoken an foot in door ..lol he better at toilets ,lol ..lo..lol

You really do need to get some professional help!!!

AdamW said:
pipme said:

Seriously! I am that convinced that no peaceful solution can be found to Somalia's plight that I am willing to offer my a**e to any nonce who wants it, if Bob Geldoff can find an indefinite, working solution to ensure peace, an end to hunger and the determination of the plight of all Somali civil war criminals by 31/12/2005.

Of course, I'm going to be well miffed if Christmas day brings world peace :LOL:

The only way to sort Somalia out is to neutralise all evil-doers with bombs and guns. Of course, to do that would make us little better than those we choose to eradicate, as innocents are always caught up in these tussles. Also, I doubt Bob KBE would be too keen to fly the Eire/UK/UN flag in the name of kicking ass. His heart is definitely in the right place, but I fear his reality center is located firmly in that space which realists dream of.
He has certainly turned a shilling ... Old Roberto ... he is 'doing' something, good luck to him.
P

I'm about to post something I may come to regret - it's a strong opinion and one that many have disagreed with when it's been discussed in the pub.

I do have sympathy for those in poverty, especially children and those with HIV/AIDS. As a gay man it's a subject close to my heart and I hope I will continue to be unaffected by it myself.

However: The africa etc situation annoys me, when we see TV footage of starving children I can only think "Why did you have those children?"

Mankind has evolved through "survival of the fittest" - seriously, if you and your wife know that you live in a community where there is no drinking water and little food, why reproduce and subject a further generation to those conditions?

People moan about single mums on benefit in this country, saying they should be sterilised and not have kids in those circumstances. I personally think along the same lines - if your community is lacking in resources just to provide basic food and water for your offspring, don't have them, then the problem will have solved itself in 50 years time.

charley-farley said:
AdamW

WELL SAID .. MOST Before was just post ....quibble

Thanks for a good post THANKYOU ..., , CHEERS

Charley, don't you you think Adam's ares is a little old to appeal to a n*nce??

MOD

tone it down kev please

ninebob said:
However: The africa etc situation annoys me, when we see TV footage of starving children I can only think "Why did you have those children?"

Mankind has evolved through "survival of the fittest" - seriously, if you and your wife know that you live in a community where there is no drinking water and little food, why reproduce and subject a further generation to those conditions?

People moan about single mums on benefit in this country, saying they should be sterilised and not have kids in those circumstances. I personally think along the same lines - if your community is lacking in resources just to provide basic food and water for your offspring, don't have them, then the problem will have solved itself in 50 years time.

Well said! I wanted to say this, but I didn't want to have to deal with all the cries of "fascist". The poorest countries in the world have average reproduction rates around 6 children per woman. Having fewer children will result in better chances for those you have.

Then you have the absolutely STUPID elements of the cultures in many such places: "I'm only a real man if I sleep with as many woman as possible. Bring on the AIDS-ridden hookers!". These idiots pay EXTRA to do it without a condom! Then they go home and give their wife and the subsequently conceived children HIV. I can call it stupid because it is: in the middle of an AIDS epidemic it is idiocy to strive for polygamy.

Sponsored Links
Back