Live 8

ninebob said:
The africa etc situation annoys me, when we see TV footage of starving children I can only think "Why did you have those children?"
I understand the Africian men have a very high sex drive, surely a sex education programme would be benefical to stop the aids or hiv spreading?

Sponsored Links
Well i wish Freddie Mercury was still around to show the rest how it's done-----somehow i dont think --" dry your eye's mate " -- is gonna have the same effect as Live Aids classics.

As for Africa--- well i partly agree with Charley----this will never end, it is the Africans themselves who are the problem not any economical system or debt.

Africa is probably the richest continent on the planet with what they can grow and whats in the ground, and it's syphoned off for a few greedy dictatoors and thats where the problem is, i think the amount of aid from people this time will be very low

Besides the aids problem etc, the Africa ongoing problem is a mentality difference:
We, Westerners, thrive on learning, progress, working for a better life (for ourselfs or for our children). This has been going on for ages, right?

Africa can't be bothered to this, they live on a day to day bases. Give them work for three weeks, pay them a week wages after the first week, they don't show up for the next one.
Same with every aid project: aid-workers install a well so they can get unpolluted water and they don't have to walk a 4 - 5 mile trip every day to get fresh water. When the pump is started up, they have a wonderful party to thank the aid-workers. Now, after a few weeks the pump collapses (one screw falls out, get the picture). Instead of trying to repair the pump, they walk the 4 - 5 mile trip every day again, call the aid-workers back and when they repair the pump, it's party time again.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but that's their mentality, fair enough with me. We Westerns should stop trying to change them into our 'work/life' mentality, cause that will never happen.

Solution? Don't have one, not in this time and age of corruption everywhere, sorry.

the reason so many children are produced is for a number of reasons.

1: little birth control/education/religion
2: high mortality rate through childrens life so more are produced just in case, as the children are used to look after the family and parents as they grow older. So how do you break that cycle? They dont have them by choice of oh lets have loads of kids it will be nice, its a case of we need someone to look after us in old age and to work the land with us.

Sponsored Links
I second that
(isn't that also know as survival of the fittest? the more children you have, the more chance to survive as tribe?)

Give a man a fish and he will feed his family for a day.. give him a rod...........................yes you know the answer. The other problem is religion. The majority of the African continent is devout Catholic and they believe that contraception is wrong!!!!! :rolleyes: Catholicism has never been a favourite of mine and peoplr die every day in their thousands to follow it...........................makes you think Mr Pope :cry:

keyplayer said:
charley-farley said:
AdamW

WELL SAID .. MOST Before was just post ....quibble

Thanks for a good post THANKYOU ..., , CHEERS

MOD

tone it down kev please

Ah, ha .. another KP eh ??? Or did the MOD get it wrong ?
:D :D

masona said:
I understand the Africian men have a very high sex drive,

I'm not sure that this statement is true? :) :)

I've seen lots of African men in my job - as well as people from other Countries - As I discuss their sexual activity with them, I honestly wouldn't say they had a higher sex drive than men of other races ;)
It is as Jasy says, mostly a religious issue and also because they don't like using condoms - but what man does!!!? ;)

Sex drive is specific to individual need - not race!! :) :)

JulieL said:
masona said:
I understand the Africian men have a very high sex drive,

I'm not sure that this statement is true? :) :)

I've seen lots of African men in my job - as well as people from other Countries - As I discuss their sexual activity with them, I honestly wouldn't say they had a higher sex drive than men of other races ;)
It is as Jasy says, mostly a religious issue and also because they don't like using condoms - but what man does!!!? ;)

Sex drive is specific to individual need - not race!! :) :)

Thats some job you have there Julie-----could you enlighten us ? i promise you i am all ears :LOL:

The way I see it, the aid is just perpetuating the problem. If some well meaning, (but misled) organisation were to start feeding foxes. It would come as no surprise that these foxes would breed like rabbits.

Keep this up for a few generations, and it should come as no surprise that the new foxes never develop the skills required to go and catch their own food.

Call me a cynic, but I suspect that these aid concerts are more about self publicity for the participants than the needs of the poor.

I think we should all take a lesson from star treck and observe the prime directive.

Freddie - Don't want to 'bore' you too much, so I'll keep it short! ;)

I'm a nurse in sexual health. I spent 18 yrs working in various GUM clinics.
My current job (past 18 months) involves me working within 'unconventional' community based venues offering screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections etc, in collaboration with other NHS Trusts and Voluntary sector agencies.
Its really interesting as no day is the same!! :)
I'm also a family planning trained nurse and undertake work with young people in relation to sexual health - which can be very, very challenging :rolleyes: :) :)

JulieL said:
Freddie - Don't want to 'bore' you too much, so I'll keep it short! ;)

I'm a nurse in sexual health. I spent 18 yrs working in various GUM clinics.
My current job (past 18 months) involves me working within 'unconventional' community based venues offering screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections etc, in collaboration with other NHS Trusts and Voluntary sector agencies.
Its really interesting as no day is the same!! :)
I'm also a family planning trained nurse and undertake work with young people in relation to sexual health - which can be very, very challenging :rolleyes: :) :)

I could listen to you all night long, i bet you have some right stories to tell :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back