Live & Dead Wires in Light Switch

I can't believe this thread has gone on for so long . Its a two gang ,one way switch set up with four conductors ,all currently working fine with the original dimmers.

Sponsored Links
I can't believe this thread has gone on for so long . Its a two gang ,one way switch set up with four conductors ,all currently working fine with the original dimmers.

Correct.

They all work with me old light switch but cause problems with the new light switch.

I don't know if its jus the bulbs I have (standard dimmable GU10) or if its the wiring.

JH

Sponsored Links
I think the best thing would be for a spark to double check the wiring and switches and, if all is well, drop a neutral down to the switch position to connect the switch to.

Spoke with Terry on the phone and managed to sort out this simple problem.
It was a matter of putting both live wires into the L terminal and the other 2 into the X terminals, but crucially, using a new lightwave switch because I may have burnt out the other one with my incorrect wiring.

Thanks again Terry.

Now I have a new problem with my new 2-gang, 2-way switch in my passage. See my new thread.

JH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back