Local elections.

Looks like many voted as a protest.

On the news, “Conservatives and Labour loose out in Brexit Backlash”.

I voted against Labour last time around and did the same again this time around. I have not been happy with the competence shown by the Labour majority council for some years. I voted Independent.

Sponsored Links
Councillors so far....

uk-local-elections-2019-seats-change-bar.svg

The lib dems kicked the tories our of Chelmsford. Tories have controlled Chelmsford since the early neolithic.

When I went to vote last night, a drug dealer was happily selling his wares in the car park opposite the Parish Hall. I really hope this changes soon.

Sponsored Links
When I went to vote last night, a drug dealer was happily selling his wares in the car park opposite the Parish Hall. I really hope this changes soon.

Did you ask him who he voted for?

... and the councils:

uk-local-elections-2019-council-control-change-bar.svg

Refresh the page to update.

I do wonder if Libraries will eventually either need to evolve in to some sort of combined council service office/meeting place/cafe.. or die.

If they were private shops they'd go bust. My gut reaction is to try to protect the library, but logically the near £1Bn annual spend can't be defended given how many people they serve. It costs about £3 per visit.

The market is the arbiter of everything lets go full on third world.

very noticeable that the pro-EU parties have done well, and the Moggist Brexers very badly.

Some of the Brexers are trying to spin that this is because the nation wants a hard brexit.

The Conservatives held my area, don’t know why, the guy does f-all except pose for photos near litter or new plants.

I’m going to get onto him to see if he can arrange a speed camera in the village rather than 1/2 mile outside it where it changes to a 50.

Did you ask him who he voted for?

Obviously a Tory voter, the party that cuts the police on the streets, and cuts social welfare, obviously!

I dont understand how thick Laura Kuensberg is if she is pushing this false narrative that its about punishing these parties being reluctant Brexiters.

Unless she is doing her job as paid stooge.

Sponsored Links
Back