Loft Light

8 Jan 2006
Reaction score
Tyne and Wear
United Kingdom
I'm putting a fluorescent light in my loft, but I have a 1 gang switch in the bedroom. I want to change this to a double gang (two switches).

Can I buy the 2 gang, copy the existing connection and add the loft light to the other switch?

So it means that the loft light is controlled by the second switch in the bedroom and part of the upstairs lights ring?
Sponsored Links
Your still need a twin and earth to feed to the switch to cover the live switching between the loft light and switch.

If the 1st floor lights are jb or rose loop in / out that will give you an easy feed to the light fitting. Hopefully the wall on the 1st floor with the switch is a stud wall or conduit and there's an easy route between loft and switch for the switch wire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links