Looking after and using cordless mitresaw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20170310_120657.jpg

This is a precision tool.
How do u know if it's been knocked out a bit. And anything to be careful of when transporting it around. I lock the blade down and carry with top handle. Told not to transport it on its side or upside down.

When cutting at angles best to cut on the tilt angle or moving it to horizontal angle?

Sponsored Links
I certainly wouldn't carry it with the top handle, as all the weight then goes on the bearing on the sliding bars. I think they've added a convenience that's actually a drawback.

You can use a T-square to check that the 90 degree angles are cutting correctly, and the others should then be fine, but check from both sides to make sure that the back stops are correctly aligned.

You'll use either the mitre (vertical) cutting function, or the horizontal simply depending on how you want to cut the piece of wood.

Edit: Just spotted the foot in the picture; it's not that large, so the top handle could well be fine for carrying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd look at getting a proper stand for it to transport it and save your back.

get into the habit off locking the slider before lifting to avoid the panic as it slides:D
also rotate to the full 50% to stop banging into things you walk past

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'd look at getting a proper stand for it to transport it and save your back.

It's a Dewalt DCS365N Cordless. U mean a stand for cutting long bits of wood rather than just screwing it down on a workmate? Not sure what you mean by a - ' a stand helping to transport it and save your back'?

I certainly wouldn't carry it with the top handle, as all the weight then goes on the bearing on the sliding bars. I think they've added a convenience that's actually a drawback.

You can use a T-square to check that the 90 degree angles are cutting correctly, and the others should then be fine, but check from both sides to make sure that the back stops are correctly aligned.

You'll use either the mitre (vertical) cutting function, or the horizontal simply depending on how you want to cut the piece of wood.

Edit: Just spotted the foot in the picture; it's not that large, so the top handle could well be fine for carrying it.

I have a combination square, I guess that can be used to check the angle. So do you think you can carry the saw with the top handle if the pin's locked the blade down?

i would definately carry it by the handle on the top thats what it for
dont worry about the bearings they can take it after all you have the weight off the motor battery and head counteracted by a spring so to operate the saw you have to overcome the "push" off the spring so maybe 20-30% more weight than the head actually weighs
and because the base is a hollow ally cast it will put less weight on the bars than operating the saw

Last edited:
i would definately carry it by the handle on the top thats what it for
dont worry about the bearings they can take it after all you have the weight off the motor battery and head counteracted by a spring so to operate the saw you have to overcome the "push" off the spring so maybe 20-30% more weight than the head actually weighs
and because the base is a hollow ally cast it will put less weight on the bars than operating the saw

OK but I guess only pick up by top handle when pin is in locking blade down?

Last edited:
It's a Dewalt DCS365N Cordless. U mean a stand for cutting long bits of wood rather than just screwing it down on a workmate? Not sure what you mean by a - ' a stand helping to transport it and save your back'?

I've seen stands that double up as a barrow kit if you like to wheel it about and unless you've got a bench made up I wouldn't be keen on getting down to floor level to make cuts.

I've seen stands that double up as a barrow kit if you like to wheel it about and unless you've got a bench made up I wouldn't be keen on getting down to floor level to make cuts.

do u think a big workmate would work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back