Looks like Labour were no better at managing migrants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what about Rochdale and Rotherham than Himagin

Swept it under the carpet than :LOL:

No. Surprise there than

As for your list bung em all up against the nearest wall ;)

Along with Mr beech
No-one is trying to sweep anything under the carpet, except you. You keep mentioning the few dozen people involved in the grooming gangs in Rochdale and Rotherham to divert attention away from the many thousands of abusers in religious organisations around the world that has been going for decades.

Where were you when that abuse was being perpetrated? Quietly ignoring it, I assume? Trying to sweep it under the carpet?
Where were you when the abuse came to light, trying to sweep it under the carpet?

It is obvious why you weren't bothered about it then, it didn't suit your ideology to worry about that abuse in religious organisations then.

Edit
Let's not forget the Magdalene Laundries, where young mothers were physically and psychologically abused, not just by the priests, but by the nuns also.
There were at least 17 other such homes.
The young mothers were forcibly separated from their babies, and the babies sold in another country. The young mothers were subjected to poor medical treatment, babies that died were buried in unmarked graves.
Maybe as many as 800 babies may be buried in a septic tank.

And let's not forget that some of the pregnant girls were just 13 years old.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/the_girls_of_bessborough#:~:text=The Catholic Church had an,was one of the first.

And you want to focus attention on a few a cases in Rotherham and Rochdale, because the perpetrators were mostly Muslims.
I think that reflects your mentality.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All good questions but I doubt if you’ll get an answer - it doesn’t work like that with Notchy. Ask a difficult question and he goes all Mutt and Jeff!
dont be silly

Ryler doesnt know how to ask a difficult question, he spends all day leaning on a shovel.

No-one is trying to sweep anything under the carpet, except you. You keep mentioning the few dozen people involved in the grooming gangs in Rochdale and Rotherham to divert attention away from the many thousands of abusers in religious organisations around the world that has been going for decades.

Where were you when that abuse was being perpetrated? Quietly ignoring it, I assume? Trying to sweep it under the carpet?
Where were you when the abuse came to light, trying to sweep it under the carpet?

It is obvious why you weren't bothered about it then, it didn't suit your ideology to worry about that abuse in religious organisations then.

Edit
Let's not forget the Magdalene Laundries, where young mothers were physically and psychologically abused, not just by the priests, but by the nuns also.
There were at least 17 other such homes.
The young mothers were forcibly separated from their babies, and the babies sold in another country. The young mothers were subjected to poor medical treatment, babies that died were buried in unmarked graves.
Maybe as many as 800 babies may be buried in a septic tank.

And let's not forget that some of the pregnant girls were just 13 years old.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/the_girls_of_bessborough#:~:text=The Catholic Church had an,was one of the first.

And you want to focus attention on a few a cases in Rotherham and Rochdale, because the perpetrators were mostly Muslims.

Post to. Long never read it

Probably ball cocks any way

Sponsored Links
Back on topic.
The UN Regulations clearly endows a duty on mariners to rescue those in distress, and just as importantly, not to interfere with other mariners conducting rescues.
Under the 1982 United Nations Convention of the Law of the Sea, ships have a clear duty to assist those in distress. Article 98 (1) states that “ every State shall require the master of a ship flying its flag, in so far as he can do so without serious damage to the ship, the crew, or the passengers… render assistance to any person found at sea in danger of being lost [and] to proceed with all possible speed to the rescue of persons in distress, if informed of the need of assistance, in so far as such action may reasonably be expected of him. ”.

Article 98(2) goes on to say “ Every coastal State shall promote the establishment, operation and maintenance of an adequate and effective search and rescue service regarding safety on and over the sea and, where circumstances so require, by way of mutual regional arrangements cooperate with neighbouring States for this purpose. ”.

The review made amendments to the SOLAS and SAR Conventions which entered into force in July 2006. To SOLAS Chapter V was added the words: “ This obligation to provide assistance applies regardless of the nationality or status of such persons or the circumstances in which they are found. " The amendments are meant to promote coordination and cooperation between States to assist the ship's master in delivering persons rescued at sea to a place of safety. The amendments added a new regulation on the master's discretion, which states that " the owner, the charterer, the company operating the ship…, or any other person shall not prevent or restrict the master of the ship from taking or executing any decision which, in the master's professional judgement, is necessary for safety of life at sea and protection of the marine environment.".

The SAR Convention added a new paragraph in chapter 2. The new paragraph requires enhanced cooperation between states, in respect of (i) assistance to the master in delivering persons rescued at sea to a place of safety, and (ii) rescue coordination centres initiating the process of identifying the most appropriate places for disembarking persons found in distress at sea.

In legal theory, a ship’s master should be able to pick up those in distress at sea with confidence that the local Rescue Coordinating Centre (RCC) will assist him to disembark those rescued with the minimum of disruption to his voyage. For the ship’s Master, securing the agreement of States for disembarkation of those rescued will be key. If those persons claim to be refugees or asylum seekers, or indicate in any way that they fear persecution or ill-treatment if disembarked at a particular place, key principles prescribed by international refugee law must be upheld.

The 1951 Refugee Convention prohibits refugees and asylum seekers from being expelled or returned in any manner whatsoever “ to the frontiers of territories where [their] life of freedom would be threatened on account of [their] race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion ”. Those who do not meet these criteria but who fear torture or other serious human rights abuses, or who are fleeing armed conflict, may also be protected from return to a particular place by other international or regional human rights or refugee law instruments.

Neither the Master, nor any of the ship’s crew is responsible for determining the status of those being rescued. If the persons rescued indicate that they are asylum seekers or refugees, or that they fear persecution, the Master should inform them that he has no authority to determine an asylum request.
https://www.nortonrosefulbright.com...at-sea---obligations-of-the-shipping-industry

Britain wouldn’t be Britain without refugees

Other things immigrants gave us:

Curry and late night restaurants in general
Pizza & Pasta
Ice cream
Tesco
Banking and finance
Universities
Ribena
Steak and kidney pies
Marks and Spencer
Coffee shops
Selfridges
The Mini Cooper

As well as supplying vital staff in the NHS and military.

<snip>

"a few dozen" Ha.

Area's known to have convictions and that doesn't include those who didn't get convicted or the hundreds of men who actually raped these girls.

Rochdale
Oldham
Blackburn
Manchester
Aylesbury
Bradford
Oxford
Telford
Middlesbrough
Derby
Keighley
Leeds
Bristol
Sheffield
Newcastle

Probably more I've missed and yet to be known. "A few dozen", dreary me Himmy, behave.

I think the fact that you want to focus attention just on the church because the perps are mainly not muslim when it comes to abuse in the UK, it reflects your mentality.

I think the fact that you want to focus attention just on the church because the perps are mainly not muslim when it comes to abuse in the UK, it reflects your mentality.

Certain paedophiles in the UK are more likely to be involved in grooming gangs, but this does not mean that they are the only ones. In fact, most paedophiles in the UK are white men. That's a fact. If people put more resources into combating that, fewer children would be abused.

"a few dozen" Ha.
But the amount still pales into insignificance compared to the many thousands involved in religious organisations around the world.
And don't start suggesting that I am saying the issues or the incidents are insignificant. I am not. I am saying the number of people involved is insignificant in comparison.
Yet transam, with your full support, persistently and repeatedly introduces the Rodhdale. Rotherham, etc incidents, while ignoring the far greater issue of abuse within religious organisations.

Area's known to have convictions and that doesn't include those who didn't get convicted or the hundreds of men who actually raped these girls.

Rochdale
Oldham
Blackburn
Manchester
Aylesbury
Bradford
Oxford
Telford
Middlesbrough
Derby
Keighley
Leeds
Bristol
Sheffield
Newcastle
Transam is only interested in the incidents concerning Muslims. Haven't you noticed?

The only time I refer anyone to such incidents is when transam, or any of the other usual RWR, bring the issue to anyone's attention.
I merely point out that there are greater numbers of incidents that they ought to be aware of, but they tend to want to ignore such incidents. The reason is obvious.
So your allegation of me being only interested in certain incidents is nonsense, as is your support for transam's persistent Islamophobia and xenophobia.

But as he enjoys special privileges, on this forum, like you, one would expect you both to be in collusion.

Transam is only interested in the incidents concerning Muslims. Haven't you noticed?

He said it to wind you up, and it worked.

You still downplay it though, which is concerning. For me, all abuse is equally bad and all should be considered important, not downplayed or compared which you do, every time. "But the amount still pales into insignificance".

Sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certain paedophiles in the UK are more likely to be involved in grooming gangs, but this does not mean that they are the only ones. In fact, most paedophiles in the UK are white men. That's a fact. If people put more resources into combating that, fewer children would be abused.
Yes, I am aware of that, due to my old job.
But I think you're missing the point here a bit?!

He said it to wind you up, and it worked.
So transam was trolling? Who'd have thought it?
Your excuse for his Islamophobia and xenophobia is that he was only trolling?
He was still being Islamophobic and xenophobic, while he is trolling!

You still downplay it though, which is concerning. For me, all abuse is equally bad and all should be considered important, not downplayed or compared which you do, every time.
I don't 'downplay it'. I merely suggest that we compare the one type of abuse, from those supposedly responsible for pastoral care abusing those very people who look to them for spiritual guidance and support, to those incidents where people such as taxi drivers, who do not enjoy such special privileges of protection from their organisation, exploit vulnerable people.
The two types of incidents are completely different in the extent of exploitation and in magnitude. But many on here are only concerned with the lesser of the two evils.

So transam was trolling? Who'd have thought it?
Your excuse for his Islamophobia and xenophobia is that he was only trolling?
He was still being Islamophobic and xenophobic, while he is trolling!

I don't 'downplay it'. I merely suggest that we compare the one type of abuse, from those supposedly responsible for pastoral care abusing those very people who look to them for spiritual guidance and support, to those incidents where people such as taxi drivers, who do not enjoy such special privileges of protection from their organisation, exploit vulnerable people.
The two types of incidents are completely different in the extent of exploitation and in magnitude. But many on here are only concerned with the lesser of the two evils.
He likes to wind you up because it's amusing - it's rather easy and it's instant. Even calling him a troll is amusing, to be wound up must mean he is a troll in your eyes!!

To point out grooming gangs isn't Islamophobic or xenophobia, don't be so utterly stupid. Mentioning churches yourself doesn't mean you have a hatred for them does it? Perhaps you do suffer from Christophobia or Catholicophobia?

And yes, you downplay it every single time, and again above 'lesser of the two evils".
It's like pavolv's dog with you, every time an Asian grooming gang is mentioned, ding ding, you come along with the church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back