M25 Eco Protests

The answer is good insulation, combined with attention to a reasonably well thought through ventilation scheme. There should be no draughts from anywhere.
Easier said than done on an older house. New builds could be built which are almost air tight, using mechanical ventilation-passive houses (passivhaus), but on an older house. air exchange will have some kind of draught due to the flow of air in and out. These draughts could be planned so as not to impact on the occupants, but it is all down to how much people are going to pay for it, ie, will the outlay be recouped by lower energy costs, as that is what people will be concerned about mostly, not the environment.

Sponsored Links
These draughts could be planned so as not to impact on the occupants, but it is all down to how much people are going to pay for it, ie, will the outlay be recouped by lower energy costs, as that is what people will be concerned about mostly, not the environment.

I live in a 1955. I turned it around from a draughty, cold single glazed with ice on the windows place, to a warm comfortable, well ventilated house with no damp and low heating costs. A lot can be done to most houses, if the will is there to invest.

Bogger all I can do, apart from produce more hot air...

SOlar panels would have to face East. I asked once about £ROI.
You get 10% return he said, fantastic.
How long's the warranty?
10 years. So I give them money and get it back over the next 10 years then it's gone if they stop working. How could anyone resist?

Sponsored Links
So what's the best tactic wth them? Turn the car round and pump the throttle to choke em?
Drive forward so you're just touching?

I don't understand why we're shown so many pictures of plod just standing there apparently watching. If they're going to be arrested, get on with it.

I don't understand why we're shown so many pictures of plod just standing there apparently watching. If they're going to be arrested, get on with it.

Read my post on the first page. The government won't send in the police because this is a loony left cause. If it were a protest against, for instance, illegal immigration the police would move in and end it swiftly.

If the government agrees with your protest it's OK. What do you not understand? Wake up.

All those sticking there hands to the road

they should jack hammmer an area around there hands and send em on there way with the road part still stuck to there hands

bloke with his head glued down just leave him there

why bother with the fruit cake let him wet his self and suffer dehydration

Traffic jams and delays can happen for any reason, that's obvious. However for me, there's a difference between delays that are caused for example by bottlenecks / simply too much traffic, and delays caused by idiots like this. Can you imagine having a loved one in hospital then getting that fated call saying 'get here quick.' You head for the hospital, only to be caught up in this sort of delay ... and by the time you get through it's too late.

I'll always defend the right to protest, it's a right we shouldn't take for granted. However to make your point by delaying ordinary folk and causing untold stress etc, nah.

As I said before, I'd water cannon them ... relatively gently of course ... just enough to make them move and not want to repeat their endeavors on a public road.

As I said before, I'd water cannon them ... relatively gently of course ... just enough to make them move and not want to repeat their endeavors on a public road.
Perhaps the water companies can store all the sewage their friends in government said they can lawfully kill our rivers with instead of discharging it into waterways directly, and then use it on these terrorists with said water cannons.

So what's the best tactic wth them? Turn the car round and pump the throttle to choke em?

First ask Himmy and his mates if they wouldn't mind getting the feck out of the road. Next, drive up as close as possible, main beams on and hand on horn. Poss. rev the engine - being around my 17 year old diesel could be quite unpleasant with high revs. If they're still there after 10 mins or so, time to get hands on. :evil:

First ask Himmy and his mates if they wouldn't mind getting the feck out of the road. Next, drive up as close as possible, main beams on and hand on horn. Poss. rev the engine - being around my 17 year old diesel could be quite unpleasant with high revs. If they're still there after 10 mins or so, time to get hands on. :evil:

It would be really hard to not get angry being stuck in one of these protests.

actually turning around and smoking them out seems a novel idea.

The Tories might end up loving this.

Great opportunity to award significant contracts in a completely open, fair and transparent manner ;)
Cue thousands of houses getting insulated at an accelerated rate.
x years later, cue thousands of householders complaining after it's discovered the work was completed to a sub-standard and/or non compliant level.
Cue independent inquiry.
Cue no one to blame.
Cue more significant contracts to put the issues right ...

Sponsored Links
Back