M25 Eco Protests

It would be really hard to not get angry being stuck in one of these protests.

actually turning around and smoking them out seems a novel idea.
What gets me is when you see for example a distraught person getting out their vehicle trying to reason with these muppets, and they stand there trying to justify what they're doing. Although strike action also inconveniences (and divides opinion), at least there's usually a semblance of forewarning to enable people to make other plans.

It's maybe wrong of me, but I LOVED seeing the guys getting out their vehicles and dragging them off the road.

Sponsored Links
I think the protesters are right - we're in last chance saloon with the climate and we're just faffing about, this COP26 with its 25,000 delegates private jetting it into Glasgow will get us no where, a lot of hollow promises, a lot of Blah Blah Blah as Greta would say.

Good luck to these protesters, and what better way to make their point in stopping one of our great excesses - the motor car. Yes, I have two (we have built our society around them) , but really the whole concept of the private car is an environmental calamity.

It would be really hard to not get angry being stuck in one of these protests.

actually turning around and smoking them out seems a novel idea.

In the early 90s, a friend owned a very high mileage Scirocco that emitted large plumes of blue smoke. This would have been the perfect secret weapon to clear the road of protestors.

Bingo. The fucwits protesting don't want to put their hands in their pockets, they want the likes of you and me to pay for their insulation.

You're paying for the Track, Trace, PPE contracts and corruption but draw a line at saving the environment.

Turd Reich.

Sponsored Links
Those protesters are off the road, that's fine.
When they're ON the road, other options are available: ( you get the idea within about 6 seconds )

You're paying for the Track, Trace, PPE contracts and corruption but draw a line at saving the environment.

Turd Reich.
What difference will insulating every house in the UK make to global warming? About 17% of UK greenhouse gases are from houses, 1.1% of the world greenhouse gases are from UK, so the answer is not a lot.

Last edited:
As with many things in life, we're all good at expressing an opinion or having a view one way or the other when we're not directly affected. For example, take any random group of people that fully support these protestors, say a group of 100. Let's say each of those 100 are, to a significant degree, adversely affected by the next protest either directly or indirectly.

It's possible (probable?) that a number of the 100 will no longer support the protests, because they've been directed affected. Maybe quite a significant number. Yes, a number of them will also still fully support the protests, those that are unwavering in their belief the protestors are justified in what they're doing.

I suppose what I'm saying is, my advice to people that support or don't support something would be to ask themselves 'how would I truly feel if x affected me?' before they come down on either side of the fence.

And please, I don't need a lecture from anyone that if the planet fails we're all doomed ... I understand that ;)

What difference will insulating every house in the UK make to global warming? About 17% of UK greenhouse gases are from houses, 1.1% of the world greenhouse gases are from UK, so the answer is not a lot.
It'll make a few contractors very very RICH. If any national contracts are awarded, I wonder who'll get them? Of course, the procurement process will be 100% transparent, fair with no influence placed one way or the other.

I've said this before, we are collectively sh1t at forward planning. Take houses that have been thrown up over the last 20 years until the present day. Are they all adequately insulated with no remedial work required to bring them up to whatever code/spec will be stipulated? After all, we've know for ages that good insulation is key to keeping people warm and reducing energy consumption. So I'm assuming if one of those heat loss gun thingies was pointed at random houses built since 2000, most would show minimal heat loss, minimal cold spots etc?

I don't really care what the protest is about, they can protest about what they like. The problem is that they think their opinion is more important than others' on whether they are OK to break the law and prevent other people living their life for random periods, which has no direct effect on what they're complaining about.

My opinion is that they should be deterred, and that the deterrent needs to be escalated until they stop.
Is it OK for me to "protest" by breaking the law and causing them inconvenience?

They're getting strong feelings going about them, far more than the issues they're on about.

You might not like Richard Madeley, you might not watch Good Morning Britain or whatever it's called. But I saw a clip on YT of today's show (not sure if allowed to post links here so won't) of him interviewing, or attempting to interview, a woman from Insulate Britain. Richard advised the interview would be conducted in a calm manner.

He largely seemed to stick to that as did his co-host ... she didn't. He wasn't 'asking the right questions' apparently. If you can be ar5ed, look it up, makes for quite interesting viewing on a number of levels.

Sponsored Links
Back