M25 Eco Protests

Sponsored Links
Please show,using logic and reason,

Possibly off topic, but that phrase reminds me of my all time favourite joke.

Three builders/tradesmen sitting in a pub for an after work pint, typical spit and sawdust type pub. In walks a gentleman in a suit who orders a drink at the bar. One of the builders says to the others he's a solicitor, one of the others says nah, he's a doctor. They continue to debate what the suited gentleman's profession is.

Eventually one of the builders goes for a wee and is joined at the urinal by the man in a suit.
The builder says 'excuse me mate, I hope you don't mind me asking, but my mates were wondering what you do for a living, I think you're a solicitor'
The man says
'No, I'm a logic scientist'.
The builder's eyes glaze over and he shows a puzzled expression on his face.
The man:
'I'm a logic scientist, I use the science of logic to analyse situations, corporations employ me to analyse their position and advise accordingly, I act as a consultant, companies often can't see the woods for the trees and need an analysis based on simple logic and reason'.
The builders eyes glaze over even more and he looks even more confused.
The man:
'Let me explain it to you by example, have you got a goldfish?'
builder: 'yeah a few'
the man: do you keep them in a bowl or a pond?'
builder: 'no I've got quite a few, I've got a very big pond'
the man: 'If you've got a very large pond, I assume you would have a large garden'
builder: 'yeah about 200 feet at the back'
the man: Given you have that large a garden, I would assume you have a fairly large house, probably in the northern side of town with large plots and large houses.
Builder: yeah 5 bedrooms, built it meself.
the man: do you masturbate?
Builder: 'No, never'
the man: so you probably have sex regularly if you don't feel the need to masturbate?
Builder: '5 times a week minimum'
the man: So you probably have more than a few children?
Builder: 'Yeah, four.'

the man: so that is basically the science of logic, from asking you a simple question like 'do you have a goldfish?', I've determined where you live, your type of house, the size of your family and the extent of your sex life.

The builder returns to his mates at the table and one eventually says 'Doctor?',
The builder says 'No, logic scientist'.
2nd builder: 'What's that?'
The builder: 'It's complicated, let me explain it to you by example'

Builder: 'have you got any goldfish?'
2nd builder: No
Builder: 'Then you're a w****r'.

Water canon can do grievous harm, just as could the rubber bullets.

Many of the protestors will not be there for the green motive, many will be there just for the aggro.

There are lots of companies making vast profit out of green incentives. The proper long term solution, which is very green, is nuclear power.
There will certainly be an element just there for the tear up and agro, there always is at any protests - but I do suspect he vast majority are their for the right reasons.

Water Canon, Rubber Bullets, Driving lorries over them will jusy make martyrs, in fact I suspect many of the true hard line protesters would welcome it to further their cause.

Totally agree with the nuclear angle, as a country that had the very first full scale nuclear power station, we have failed miserably in keeping up - I don't think we now even have the skills to build our own.

quite why any one wants to actually visit a few stones piled up by a bunch of drugged up fruit cakes 2 thousand odd years ago is beyond me tbh
Indeed.

Just as everything involving a scrap of intelligence, curiousity, learning, knowledge, etc, is beyond you.

Those characteristics are so far beyond you that you denigrate anybody who has them, and advocate a world where they would be banned.

Sponsored Links
Totally agree with the nuclear angle, as a country that had the very first full scale nuclear power station, we have failed miserably in keeping up

When Britain wanted to be a self-sufficient nuclear weapons manufacturer, the electricity generation was intended as a source of fissile material, and to develop the technology to build nuclear-powered submarines. Their rusting hulks are now too badly contaminated to dismantle and are kept at Rosyth. Well away from Westminster, but only five miles from Holyrood. The oldest was launched in 1960.

Some have been left for nearly 30 years. Seven of the submarines have been in storage for longer than they were in service with the navy. One of them developed a leak which has since been patched.

The cost was hidden away as investment in electricity generation, rather than shown as spending on the nuclear arms industry.

The citizens were told they were paying for a source of cheap energy. Some of them believed that in future, electricity would be "too cheap to meter."

When Britain wanted to be a self-sufficient nuclear weapons manufacturer, the electricity generation was intended as a source of fissile material, and to develop the technology to build nuclear-powered submarines. Their rusting hulks are now too badly contaminated to dismantle and are kept at Rosyth. Well away from Westminster, but only five miles from Holyrood. The oldest was launched in 1960.

Some have been left for nearly 30 years. Seven of the submarines have been in storage for longer than they were in service with the navy. One of them developed a leak which has since been patched.

The cost was hidden away as investment in electricity generation, rather than shown as spending on the nuclear arms industry.

The citizens were told they were paying for a source of cheap energy. Some of them believed that in future, electricity would be "too cheap to meter."
the submarine thread is over there >

Totally agree with the nuclear angle, as a country that had the very first full scale nuclear power station, we have failed miserably in keeping up - I don't think we now even have the skills to build our own.
Nor to successfully sub it to somebody else to build.

popcorn.jpg

it would be interesting to see what the views would be of some if those blocking the M25 were demonstrating against immigration :ROFLMAO:
Hmmm what would your reaction be if they were demonstrating against immigration lead by say er
Yaxley Lennon :ROFLMAO:
Lets pursue that.

Imagine if large-scale migration/asylum-seeking was taking place, thousands and thousands of people every day crossing The Channel, and a lot of people genuinely thought that catastrophe would arise if it wasnt stopped. So some of them started gluing themselves to the M20 to stop the buses full of migrants and asylum seekers which the govt had laid on, or was doing nothing about.

I wonder how some people here would react if it was suggested that those protestors should be water-cannoned, tasered, shot. That they should be heavily fined, given ASBOs and tags, Tommy Robinson sent to prison.

Lets pursue that.

Imagine if large-scale migration/asylum-seeking was taking place, thousands and thousands of people every day crossing The Channel, and a lot of people genuinely thought that catastrophe would arise if it wasnt stopped. So some of them started gluing themselves to the M20 to stop the buses full of migrants and asylum seekers which the govt had laid on, or was doing nothing about.

I wonder how some people here would react if it was suggested that those protestors should be water-cannoned, tasered, shot. That they should be heavily fined, given ASBOs and tags, Tommy Robinson sent to prison.

how would you react ;)

Sponsored Links
Back