Magimix Food Processor - Can I fix it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, happy new year ladies and gentlemen

My OH has managed to knacker her Magimix 5200XL whilst kneading some dough. It got ridiculously hot and started smoking!

Now the blades are spinning very slowly and cutting through a thick carrot stops it spinning completely. And after only maybe 30 seconds of spinning, it's cutting out presumably through overheating.

Before I let her loose with the credit card, are there any obvious things I can check/replace that won't be a real false economy? From google the best I can come up with is the capacitor! Can I test whether it's working properly before buying a replacement? I've removed it and attached pictures if that's any help?

Thanks very much

IMG_6016.jpg IMG_6015.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm no expert but would try changing the capacitor, they are cheaper than a new mixer and exact replacements can be sourced through ebay etc.

Look at a few youtube videos to understand the way they work, how to safely discharge them given the very high voltages they store.

I got another 5 years out of a Karcher pressure washer by changing the capacitor for £14.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Spooky that the European made component fails just after Brexit! Hope my Seat Ateca keeps going :rolleyes:

New capacitor delivered and fitted and working as good as new. Best part of £300 saved (y)

Thanks very much for the replies/help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back