Magnacleans

I did have problems with it leaking, the plastic bowl fractured where the two halfs are fused together, twice. It's been fine for the last few months and luckily for the plumber/adey its in my garage so didnt cause any damage.

Mine is the twintec version.

Interesting question about who is responsible for damage to cream carpets when the boiler is fitted in the lounge!

Sponsored Links
I have fitted them on every boiler change I've done since last July and have to say they are a great product let down by a very cheap build quality and nearly half of them have leaked from the cr@py valves.

Also the warranty card is not free post, you have to pay for a stamp to registered the warrant which is just another indication of how cheap this company really is however I send of the warranty cards off on behalf of my customers. I sometimes leave a comment in the comments section of the postcard (usually telling them to upgrade to a brass body) but I doubt very much wether anyone actually reads the cards.

Only problem with them now is that they are now a known brand and customer's ask for them by name so won't be easy to suggest to customers to accept an alternative product.

I think they have been so successful with their publicity that they are like the "Hoover" !

Any magnetic filter is known as "Magnaclean ® " !

Tony

fitted this for a customer that wanted to be doubly sure his system did not damage his boiler. it is a fine stainless steel mesh claims to clean to clean down to 60 microns

only problem is i had to make the bracket my self :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Agile - no idea who is liable for the damage, my plumber claimed his labour costs back from adey, I think ultimately the blame lies at thier door as they are the ones selling the sub-standard product, I think he plumber felt a bit bad as he had made the suggestion of the product which has blighted an otherwise top quality install.

If it leaks again i've told him I would rather it was removed or replaced with an alternative, the fact it leaks isnt annoying, the lack of any hot water or heating is (aka the girlfriend whinging).

I think they have been so successful with their publicity that they are like the "Hoover" !

Tony

Think the main reason is that BG are fitting them to upto 30,000 boiler/heating installs a year and thier salesmen are pushing them aggressivley.

Tony

Think the main reason is that BG are fitting them to upto 30,000 boiler/heating installs a year and thier salesmen are pushing them aggressivley.

The majority of BG guys are promoting them to most customers i believe. Easy upgrade sell when scraping muck out of a combi

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back