making safe a disused connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have removed a dangerous electrical heater in the bathroom. Not able to reach from bath. I need to insulate with chocolate block connectors. Is this what was meant earlier on. If so how do you stop the brass screws getting in contact? If you see what I mean. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I contact with each other or the screws holding the plate on.. It is in a bathroom. Not by the bath

The screws are recessed.

TLCON2X.JPG

Sponsored Links
think I might be too cautious with the electric. I am competent but cautious. With the connector block screws not being covered I want to make sure this is OK. I gather that it must be from what you have said. I meant earlier in this post (thread).

Terminate the wires in some sort of enclosure if possible....sort of a belt and braces approach is to snip off any bare conductors, then push the covered wires into your choccy block and tighten down without piercing the insulator.
John :)

I wouldnt recomend that, any one testing could get a false impresssioon that the blocks are dead, when they may actually be live

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back