Manchester To Blackpool Bike Ride

Sponsored Links
Quick! While she's out of the office.....

I've got a hot pic of her in all her tight-fitting cycling garb that'll have you all drooling for more...

MrsSecureinManBlackpoolRace.jpg

That shade of pink really suits her fine figure! :eek:

But she can't count.
Backwards that number should be 8765!

And whats with the nappy pins?
Do the H&S know about them?
Has she had a risk assessment/method statement/induction on their application/ and full on-site training to wear them?

Sponsored Links
We were given 4 safety pins each & we pinned the numbers on our backs. We were not trained, nor had to sit through a 3 hour HSE training video.

Well done! The weather held and it was quite a blast wasn't it! No wonder your 'arris was sore, you did the ride in ordinary shorts; you could have made it so much more comfortable if you'd bought some decent cycle shorts with padding and worn them next to the skin. Wiggle.com do fantastic shorts, their own brand DHB are excellent value and really comfortable.

We did it in 4 hours; the last 10 across the Fylde slowed us a little with the strong headwind but we got on the back wheels of a couple of the road clubs who came past and enjoyed a nice slipstream for a few miles until they dropped us by sheer disciplined riding.

I couldn't believe the condition of some of the bikes we passed; some people were even riding MTBs with knobbly tyres, a massive waste of energy on tarmac; they probably added an extra 15% of effort to their 62 miles. Mad.

Thanks for the shorts tip! I did 12 miles yesterday & the numbness did return to a degree, plus the tingling fingers...

Any tips for reducing the finger problem? I have been told you can get gel rests that fit your handlebars but have yet to clap eyes onto them.

EDIT:Just looked at Wiggle for shorts: there are so many!! Can you link to the ones you recommend, please?

Nice one!! I picked up my bike from the pub this evening, where it had been for 3 days, unlocked!! Oh the shame :(

Sponsored Links
Back