Mannol LL 507.00 5w30

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone using this oil?

Its getting 5 stars online as are most Mannol engine oils. I know its from Lithuania but its owned by SCT of Germany.

Sponsored Links
Mannol is a german company and produces cheap oil, i bought 5l of 5w30 for £14 on ebay recently for my petrol car, wont hesitate to buy again.

A five star rating due to price, packaging or performance....?
Who knows.
I've changed to Morris lubes just now as my local factors stock it - very competitive price wise.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Frequent changes (of the correct grade) are more important than the brand name.

Synthetics are designed to have a long life between changes, and a high price. Some may think this is no advantage if you do low mileage and service your car correctly.

I've read that the likes of VW spec longlife oil specifications are a con because the oils don't last the longlife miles and the cams in PD/CR engines wear prematurely if the long service intervals are allowed.

I do 5k mile changes.

The Mannol oil was delivered yesterday. Both the 5L ans 1L are in metal cans which Mannol apparently believe implies a more professional and better quality product. Its their OEM oil products they put in cans.

I usually stick to quantum long life but don’t leave it in any longer than 10000 miles or 1 year.
Will take a look at mannol but I usually stick to what I know, I believe quantum is now manufactured by Fuchs who make some good products.
If it’s something fancy I really care about I will use millers products.

Indeed, Fuchs have the contract for blending Quantum oils. Fuchs took over from Castrol a few years back.

Can't fault Quantum 5w30 LL. There's not a bad word said about it but its the same for Mannol 7715 so I'm really just giving it a trial run.

If the engine needs 5w30, I use VW504.00/507.00 spec oil because of the high spec additive package.

My local factors who I normally use stock some stuff I’ve never heard of which I’ve been forced to use on a few occasions, can’t see there being any issues as long as it meets all the specs.
Luckily we have 5 cars in the family that can all use the same oil which is why I tend to buy quantum in bulk.
As said before regular changes are more important, the problem with oil is how do you prove one is better than the other?
My dad who’s been spannering on cars for over 50 years has just used what the factors stock, both unusual filter brands and oils and never had an issue really.

As said before regular changes are more important, the problem with oil is how do you prove one is better than the other?

Do 100k miles, with proper oil changes using the same oil brand/grade/specification, then strip the engine and measure all the parts to see how they compare to those of a new engine.

I remember watching a Cummins documentary about such a project but they did the engine strip after 500k.

For sure, years ago almost any lube would do but with today's high output, low capacity engines (Ford Ecoboost for example) the right lube is essential to give the motor half a chance . How common was the turbo a few years ago? That's usually the first component to fail if the lubrication isn't ideal.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back