Marcus Rashford

The thing is, I think it’s great what he’s done. I think more high profile people should put themselves out there like this.
But I’ve never heard anything from people on here (or anywhere that I’ve noticed) complaining about children not getting free food allowances during school holidays prior to Marcus raising the issue. The usuals are acting like they’ve been championing this for years.
Once attention was drawn to it publicly, the government agreed to his proposal,
What the hell has this got to to with right or left wing?
The bitterness from the usuals is never ending. Whatever happens, it’s never enough for the usuals on here.
It makes their opinion completely worthless in any debate as they can only see things from a blinkered view.
Anyone on here who disagrees with the usual suspects has judgemental abuse thrown at them. Guys, try debating instead of dictating. You might just learn something.

Sponsored Links
121065106_1897787933697050_564372234123192199_n.jpg

Sponsored Links
That's not what happened.

The government refused very firmly initially, and then caved when public opinion became overwhelming.

The government refused very firmly initially, and then caved when public opinion became overwhelming.
That’s their job, isn’t it - try not to spend our taxes and work to a budget unless we overwhelmingly demand that they do different? Do you think they should have stuck to their guns and ignored overwhelming public opinion then? Another case of damned if they do and dammed if they don’t by certain members on here.

That’s their job, isn’t it - try not to spend our taxes and work to a budget unless we overwhelmingly demand that they do different? Do you think they should have stuck to their guns and ignored overwhelming public opinion then? Another case of damned if they do and dammed if they don’t by certain members on here.
No, they should have accepted the suggestion straight off. Not waited until it was really hard to actually deliver.

Would you have damned them for it? Generally the lefties tend to be more than happy to feed the hungry.

Last edited:
The thing is, I think it’s great what he’s done. I think more high profile people should put themselves out there like this.
But I’ve never heard anything from people on here (or anywhere that I’ve noticed) complaining about children not getting free food allowances during school holidays prior to Marcus raising the issue. The usuals are acting like they’ve been championing this for years.
What the hell has this got to to with right or left wing?
The bitterness from the usuals is never ending. Whatever happens, it’s never enough for the usuals on here.
It makes their opinion completely worthless in any debate as they can only see things from a blinkered view.
Anyone on here who disagrees with the usual suspects has judgemental abuse thrown at them. Guys, try debating instead of dictating. You might just learn something.
Are you aiming for the record number of references to 'usual' in a single post?

It's just a shame you haven't got anything to add to a debate...

But I guess that's 'usual' from where you're coming from :)

That’s their job, isn’t it - try not to spend our taxes and work to a budget unless we overwhelmingly demand that they do different?
Is it their job to pay out 'our taxes' to those who admit they wouldn't have been earning and bust that 'budget'?

Is it their job to pay out 'our taxes' to those who admit they wouldn't have been earning and bust that 'budget'?
Of course it is, it’s their duty to pay out to all who are eligible to receive it regardless of circumstances. If you have a problem with that, you know what you can do but how about doing it for real this time. (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back