Massive gaps around bath ! (Help)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have removed old mouldy sealant from around the bath and discovered that the gap around is inconsistent. Parts are very close with little to no gap but other areas the gaps are big (about 10mm)

What can I do ? Or is it just a case of using sealant with a massive cut?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You need to dismantle your boxing and make it smaller and tile the face so if anything is visible it's tiled.

Thanks - I take it that refers to picture one - any advice on the other gaps?

Bumping thread - really need a little advice on what to do with these holes?
They were pumped full of silicone then grouted on top around the pipes.

It's been suggested by someone I shown the pic to to take the tile off, alter the pipework so the pipes coming out the wall are at a straight angle then recut a tile with circles around the changed pipework (and thus making the gaps smaller which can then be sealed rather than a big gloop of silicone and grouting put in)

any other suggestions?

View attachment 86734

Sponsored Links
Give us a break - perhaps show pics of the full context of where the pipes emerge? Pics showing the whole bath would also help.

Hi - can you not see the pictures attached?? it shows exactly where the pipes emerge out the tiles ....

I have sealed the bath so am only left with not knowing what to do with these pipes for the shower / the tile surrounding:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Try googling 'pipe collars' and see if there's anything suitable?
Not the best but there's not many options left!
John :)

Try googling 'pipe collars' and see if there's anything suitable?
Not the best but there's not many options left!
John :)

Ah nice one - so take it these would snap around the pipe then I can seal around it ?
The only difficult thing is the angle the pipes go into the wall. Might end up having to look at changing the pipe work but really didn't want to take the tiles off.. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back