Mattresses !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just bought a new flat - im buying a double bed for about £300 bur cant decide what mattress i require!

There are so many to choose from; sprung, firm, comfort, luxfirm, cushion top, memory foam.

The above start at £70, and then go up by about £15 each time.

I'll be sleeping alone - initially ;)

Any advice!?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is it likely to see a lot of action or do you need to buy one for support?

Is it likely to see a lot of action

don't know what action he'll be doing then sleeping on his own.

must be a hand shandy.
pate08.gif

That's got to be the most disturbing smiley i've ever seen seco :eek:

Sponsored Links
as it's a place where you're likely to spend about a third of your life then go for the most expensive one you can afford... your back will thank you later in life..

pocket springs prevent "roll together" since they are individual rather than connected..
the more springs the better.. and anything that's described as orthopedic is a good bet..
never used memory foam so can't comment on it's effectiveness

my single cost me about £300 4 years ago..

also depends on what size you get..

single = 90cm
small double = 120cm
double = 135cm
kingsize = 150cm
superking = 180cm

oh, and do yourself a favour, book the next day off the day it's delivered.. I overslept till 10am it was that comfortable...

The best thing to do is go to the shop, and try them out.

There is a Rosebys near here with a very friendly bed salesman, he told us the best way to try the beds.

Lay flat on your back, legs straight, and with your hands under the arch of your back. If you can pull your hands out with little resistance, try anotehr matress. The theory is that if the matress is right, it should support you and your hands should be stuck there.

if you go back after hours, and don't mind the video camera, you can persuade a salesman to let you try it out properly ;)

You can't beat Dunlopillo. Good support and good damping too. I find that sprung mattresses have their own resonant frequency which might not match yours. ;) Our first Dunlopillo lasted us over twenty years. :D

Lay flat on your back, legs straight, and with your hands under the arch of your back. If you can pull your hands out with little resistance, try anotehr matress. The theory is that if the matress is right, it should support you and your hands should be stuck there.

Many thanks... Ive just pulled a muscle..!!

Btw dont go for 'memory foam' in case you pull a beast the night before.... :LOL:

I'm in need to replace my Tempur mattresses.

I'm not paying silly money so I'm going for feel alike mattresses.

Has anyone got experience of this brand

British made and generally good reviews but I don't trust reviews as much as I trust you lot.

Sponsored Links
Back