MCB's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Living in China and want to wire a new apartment myself -- Chinese electricians scare me to death! 32 amp type B mcb's are not readily available, so can I use a 30 amp type C on a power ring?

Sponsored Links
I'd be very supprised if the chinese regulations allowed a final final circuit... but anyway, if we assume that you are going to do it to BS7671 regardless, then as long as you ok on the Zs then there isn't a problem

Thanks. Surpried at what you say about Chinese regs. Do they have any? seems that most Chinese electricians do what they want to do and everything seems to be unsafe.
Am I breaking their regulations?

I don't know about chineese regs but I wouldn't want to put any socket that can take unfused low current plugs on a circuit over 20A and preferablly not on one over 16A.

Sponsored Links
I have had to fix chinese made generators, and the state of the wiring/workmanship is very poor, things easily fall apart. I would say from that experience alone... dont trust any chinese sparky as they seem to like to take 2 minutes to do a 2 hour job.

The Ring Final circuit is almost unique to the UK. It should only be used with fused plugs; which are also almost unique to the UK.

Hong Kong uses 13a plugs and ring final circuits - like other ex-british places.

Back