MDPE fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,
I think I've made a mistake with a MDPE fitting for my new water supply pipe.
Basically not pushed the pipe far enough in. Its not leaking (yet!) but now its dark outside there's not much I can do.
Tomorrow is it simply a case of unscrewing the fitting and pushing the pipe in all the way in?
Do I need to replace the straight connector?

PS. I'm blaming the *unamed* inserts which seem much tighter than the JG ones....

Sponsored Links
Yes just push it in, but if it's a Plasson and you did it very tight you might have cut some little grooves in the pipe, if they push in and sit on the rubber seal they could leak. But I doubt it, only seen a leaker once.

Yes just push it in, but if it's a Plasson and you did it very tight you might have cut some little grooves in the pipe, if they push in and sit on the rubber seal they could leak. But I doubt it, only seen a leaker once.

Its a Floplast fitting. Does sometimes make little scratches, but very very fine.

I've never used those ones, just Plasson and Philmac.

Sponsored Links
The rule with Plastic is the inserts should be the same make as the pipe, just to make sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back