Me favourite drills!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought back in 1984, its a 240v Hilti TE12 SDS......I think it cost around £300 even then. Pneumatic hammer action and slipper clutch.
Millions of all size holes later, its still the best.
No roto stop though!
Its big brother is a Hilti TE50 - SDS Max and breaker. Nowt stops that either.....I had to buy the 110v model though. Best not to use it up a ladder :p
John :)

Sponsored Links
I also had a Hilti cartridge hammer - one of the DX range although I can't remember which one.
This thing could shoot 6mm threaded studs into RSJ's :eek:
Just the ticket when I had to mount 100 fire extinguishers into Blyth Power Station.......now defunct, unfortunately.
No wonder my hearings shot :p

I know contractors who use Hilti gear practically non-stop all year.

At one point, the guys who were doing concrete work on an important project were working around the clock for months and they reckon the Hilti tools hardly ever cooled down properly.

There are no other tools that can live with them.

I reckon if an infrequent diy user had one he would be able to pass it down to his great, great, great, great, grandson.:cool:

Sponsored Links
used to work for a very large preservation firm.about 20-25 years ago.
all vans were kitted out with,
te 22
te 52
te 72,huge bloody thing.

have seen a workmate using the large 72 on a pair of steps and iirc there wasnt much if any clutch on it. ;)
drill bit BIT,he carried on going round with the drill and flipped him off the ladder,ended up in a heap a couple of feet away.
VERY FUNNY. :LOL:
he was ok. :rolleyes:

I also had a Hilti cartridge hammer - one of the DX range although I can't remember which one.
This thing could shoot 6mm threaded studs into RSJ's :eek:

I used to have the DX 450. One lad on site thought it was great fun to screw my trainers to a piece of scaffolding board. Till the following week,, when he found his trainers fixed to a length of RSJ. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The thieves can spot the red boxes on site a mile away. I'll stick with Bosch though I do have a DX 460 with a 10 shot magazine.

I bet that guys trainers are still there. :LOL:

Mine was a single shot thing (1980's)......cartridge in the breech, nail or whatever in the end of the barrel......depress the telescopic barrel end then blam! Do it yourself tinnitus kit :p
The cartridges came in round cans in those days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back