Mechanical door closers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, a quick question on mechanical door closers if I may. I look after a property which has the above type of door closers, standard type I would guess as I have seen a lot of them, mounted to the upper part of the door. Is it possible to mount them on the opposite side of the door to which they are usually mounted? This is because the door in question opens against a wall & the mechanical closer hits the wall preventing the door from opening fully which has resulted in 'guests' forcing the door on a few occasions and causing damage to the door.

Any idea's?

Regards,

Mark

Sponsored Links
How about using a concealed type closer, that fixes within the door casing? They can pull doors weighing up to around 75kg and can't be seen when the door is shut..... Regarding your original query about fitting the mechanical type on the other side, I can't honestly remember but don't think there is an issue with that. It could be an idea to unscrew the original one and see if it would reposition, before getting stuck in.
Cheers John

depending on what type of over head closer it is,then yes you can fit it (iirc transom fit)but you may require the bracket that came with the closure when 1st fitted(no doubt discarded).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back