Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On a forum I used to go on a couple of years back some of the members often had 'meets' where they would agree a time and place to all meet up, have a meal/drink and get to know each other on a personal level. Some of them would travel quite long distances if they lived in an area where there were not many other members. E.G. one member travelled from Ipswich to a 'meet' in Birmingham just to see what the other posters were like.

Have any of you been to one of these 'meets' and what was your experience of it?

Do any of you know other posters on a personal level from arranging to meet after meeting on here? Did you have an image of what they would look like and did they live up to that image?

Sponsored Links
i voted no, just in case any of you are grooming me by asking questions i know the answer to then you arrange to meet me and do bad things to me :eek:

i voted no, just in case any of you are grooming me by asking questions i know the answer to then you arrange to meet me and do bad things to me :eek:

damit, he's on to us.. run away.!!!!!

it would depend entirely on the forum..
if it's a football team supporters forum then why not..
if it's a craft hobbies forum, again why not..
but a DIY forum, I don't think that it would be appropriate.. after all what would we all talk about?
"I put up some shelves the other week.. went great.."..... :rolleyes:

Do any of you know other posters on a personal level from arranging to meet after meeting on here? Did you have an image of what they would look like and did they live up to that image?
I've met Bacho when I went round to advise him on his kitchen electrics..
he spent 2 hours crammed in a tight space with me lying down watching.... :eek:

Sponsored Links
When I had a modified Golf GTi I did a couple of times. We had a day testing the cars on a rolling road with a magazine there. I managed to get in it too in 2nd or 3rd place lol.

Keep dreaming Kirk.

rofl5.gif
rofl5.gif

IM off to meet kevplumb and is wife for a holiday this year cant wait to
get the barbi going roasting wild bore and supping the local beer.
I hear the raccoons are tasty too, im a just filling in ma new passport details and polishing mi crocodile shoes cant wait.

I'd be willing to meet up

with any of the females on the forum :D

Im very new here, but there appears to be a lot of 'characters'. I dont ever think the conversation would 'wane' should there be a 'meet'.

Its only my humble opinion and personally, Id love to put faces to the names.

Im very new here, but there appears to be a lot of 'characters'. I dont ever think the conversation would 'wane' should there be a 'meet'.

Its only my humble opinion and personally, Id love to put faces to the names.

Heres mine

I'd go on a meet, within 80 miles. :LOL: (Anywhere between Middlesborough and Leicester)

I dont fancy driving in Birmingham though.

Somewhere close to a hospital is a pre-requisite, given some of the characters on here :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back