mega electric usage at new house... doesn't seem right.

did you check the meter reading & the Tariff you are on - per KW/hr
quite straight forward to check the figures
Straight multiplication plus the day rate/standing day charge

What are the meter readings, and tariff you are on?

It does seem to be correct. The meter readings are correct. Also the tarriff comparison websites say I'm getting a good deal with this supplier (igloo)
bill.jpg

Sponsored Links
Your outside PIR lights could possibly be being triggered by wild animals passing by and breaking the beams.
Thats one of the problems of living in the country, as I have found out.

I think someone further up the post suggested clamping the Live feed to your CU and then switching each MCB off in turn to see if the meter drops.
Have you tried this and, if so, what were the results? Once they are all off your meter should read zero. Obviously if it doesn't then something is amiss. The way to possibly track what it may be would be to put your clamp around the live of each individual circuit and see if one is somehow still live.
Just had a thought. Do the feeds coming from your meter go direct to your CU or do they go to an isolator or Henley blocks before then going to your CU? If so are there any other leads coming from the isolator/Henleys which go off somewhere else? Test these with your clamp if there are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back