Melamine sheets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know where it is possible to buy either melamine faced plywood or alternatively, sheets of melamine that I can glue to sheets of plywood ?

I'm not looking for trade quantities - just a few sheets of 8x4 would be great...but I can't seem to find a supplier anywhere.

I'm based in Wales if it makes any difference - though I have searched online and can't find anywhere in the UK that suppliers to DIY'ers.

Thanks for any pointers.

David L.

Sponsored Links
Never yet heard of melamine-faced plywood, but it is widely available on a chipboard core (known as MFC).

You can get melamine faced MDF as well but I have not seen MF ply

Jason

DavidML said:
Does anyone know where it is possible to buy either melamine faced plywood or alternatively, sheets of melamine that I can glue to sheets of plywood ?
Formica :?: Wasn't cheap when I bought some a few years ago.

Sponsored Links
Okay then, maybe I'm on the wrong track.

I wanted to make some kitchen type carcasses. I thought ply would be a better substrate than either chipboard or MDF. But presumably not or it would be more widely available with a melamine face ?

So what would you recommend for "decent" kitchen carcasses ?

Thanks for any help,
DavidL.

Mfc is fine for this job. You can buy 8' x 4' sheets and edging tape.

the best place I know is Brent plastics in North London they sell 1000s of different types (8x4 sheets, fix with contact adhesive)they will deliver but not sure of quantities or shipping costs.
They will definitely have what you want I have probably 500 mini samples which I got from them and they do loads more than that.

http://www.brentplastics.co.uk/

Sorry only just read your second post properly :oops:
If its for kitchen carcasses then I doubt its worth your while unless you want something out of the ordinary, most carcasses are pretty good nowadays

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back