Members who can't read.

there is a cracker prog that you run in the back ground on a message board site /collects ips it works on this script here an other boards similiar cgi scripts ,
its from the guy who gave us the old Goldeneye ..
its like the spoofer prog , but when someone posts the ip is logged...I believe Biatech refined it

Sponsored Links
Hmm, well, in order to run script on a remote web server, that server would have to have a security flaw.

The www.diynot.com site at 80.87.131.172 appears to be running the Apache web server on Linux, and this is not very susceptible to such flaws, so I can't see how you, or anyone, can believe that a normal member can find out the IP address of the host computer from which a particular post was made.

Regarding Goldeye and Biatech - didn't these feature in one of the Bond films?

It'd be interesting to know just how much info is available with some of these programmes on the market these days. Moz, do you have any more info?

OK - I have absolutely nothing to hide - feel free to post it here - what's the IP address that I made this post from?

Sponsored Links
b-a-s, if there is such a script, which I have to yet to evidence of, and if it could be used to divulge TCP/IP connection details at the server, of which I'm skeptical, then it would have to be running at the time that you made your post in order to capture your IP address.

In practice I believe that I know which way this sub-thread will go, based on the fact that, before Moz, the only people who claimed that they could obtain a poster's IP address where the likes of joe-90 and TraineeGasMan (aka GaseeTrainMan :rolleyes:).

Softus said:
b-a-s, if there is such a script, which I have to yet to evidence of, and if it could be used to divulge TCP/IP connection details at the server, of which I'm skeptical, then it would have to be running at the time that you made your post in order to capture your IP address.
Well - I'm quite prepared to give Moz every chance - if he'd like to specify in advance a time window, I'll make a post during that time so that he can prove he can get people's IP addresses....

ban-all-sheds said:
...if he'd like to specify in advance a time window....
You're quite the rascal! How anyone can think that you don't have an advanced sense of humour is beyond me.

ok to simplify things what i should have said was "I read text" but "I interpret Graphics, pictures"

Sponsored Links
Back