Message for SUSIEJB

I agree its a good price. You did say parts. What were the other ones?

Mr. W.

Sponsored Links
I agree its a good price. You did say parts. What were the other ones?

Mr. W.

One was a diaphram (what ever that is), and a thermocouple. I know one of the items was not on his van and he had to order one via his laptop and came back with the part the following day and fitted it. I think the last part fitted had something to do with the hot water flow, because he mentioned that when the hot water tap was turned on, it also started heating the heating system, but shouldn't have done because it was not turned on.

I know you are out in the sticks and we dont know your boiler model because you done seem to want to tell us.

In my case there is a diagnostic fee of £84, then a new diverter valve of between £90 and £130 IF a new one is needed. In many cases I can replace the diaphragm assembly for £22.

Those costs come to about £200 but you paid £340 from what I can gather plus one unspecified parts which if it was a thermocouple would be an extra £12. But not likely to be that.

Tony

Hi looprevil I don't want a tug of war either but alot of boilers now I do the same as bg and have tight t&cs and do the same type of contracts as them, I also do a free service for a new install and then do a contract with them after the second year as it's the only way to get breakdowns now, I work for a few letting agents that I do a contract with for breakdowns summer is good as I hardly get called and still have a profitable business on paper. All I say is watch yourself with the t&cs bg have. Give it a year or so and all blokes will be doing this to be honest. Only thing is my fixed price is a little higher and I don't do it for real heaps of junk on the wall. Got to admit it's the way forward now but only as a side line for me with the clients I select.

Sponsored Links
In my case there is a diagnostic fee of £84, then a new diverter valve of between £90 and £130 IF a new one is needed. In many cases I can replace the diaphragm assembly for £22.

Those costs come to about £200 but you paid £340 from what I can gather plus one unspecified parts which if it was a thermocouple would be an extra £12. But not likely to be that.

Tony

So your costs would have been £326 to replace the faulty parts. I will pay £339 over 12 months, and also got a 12 months maintenance agreement and a boiler service for my £326!! If both those quotes were on the table I would go for BGs - I would have to, as would anybody else.

Oooeerr! Is there a real live troll in the plumbing forum? It's dead exciting isn't it.

I've waited ages to see a real live troll.

I can't contain my excitement.
:p :p :p :p :p :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back